Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are buying a home that has an HOA....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    holy effing hell.
    The parking regulations alone are a nightmare, but kids can't play on the sidewalks or streets? How horrible of a person must you be to think that is a good idea?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      The parking regulations alone are a nightmare, but kids can't play on the sidewalks or streets? How horrible of a person must you be to think that is a good idea?
      And per Dwight, those were only "some highlights."

Comment

I'll bet Dwight didn't even attend the meeting where these were discussed and probably didn't even vote in the HOA board elections!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I'll bet Dwight didn't even attend the meeting where these were discussed and probably didn't even vote in the HOA board elections!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Does an HOA have the right to enforce rules on the street? I wouldn’t know but I do know our HOA can’t prohibit us from parking on the street but the city rules required parked cars to be moved every so often.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Does an HOA have the right to enforce rules on the street? I wouldn’t know but I do know our HOA can’t prohibit us from parking on the street but the city rules required parked cars to be moved every so often.
              Because we’re in a gated community, all of the streets are considered private and under the authority of the association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Our HOA prohibits parking on the street over night. They aren't great at enforcement sometimes so it's usually not a big deal unless it snows during the night.

There only time parking is an issue for us is when we have family in for the holidays. We have our own 2 cars in the garage and two spaces in the driveway. But if there are more than 2 cars from our guests we have to get permission to have them park by the club house overnight. And have to request it every night.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea how you put up with that kind of nonsense. That would drive me insane.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Honestly, I have no idea how you put up with that kind of nonsense. That would drive me insane.
                    amen. but how do you ever move if they won't allow you to put a for sale sign up?!?!
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      Our HOA prohibits parking on the street over night. They aren't great at enforcement sometimes so it's usually not a big deal unless it snows during the night.

There only time parking is an issue for us is when we have family in for the holidays. We have our own 2 cars in the garage and two spaces in the driveway. But if there are more than 2 cars from our guests we have to get permission to have them park by the club house overnight. And have to request it every night.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
                      That’s weird and would suck. We have an HOA that most people in the neighborhood think is overbearing but I’ve never had issues because I keep my yard nice and bring my garbage cans in. But we can park in the street. Our kids play in the street all the time. Where else would you ride a bike? My kids would go crazy only riding a bike on the sidewalk.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

That’s weird and would suck. We have an HOA that most people in the neighborhood think is overbearing but I’ve never had issues because I keep my yard nice and bring my garbage cans in. But we can park in the street. Our kids play in the street all the time. Where else would you ride a bike? My kids would go crazy only riding a bike on the sidewalk.
                        My guess is they are after people that put out mobile basketball standards.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Sounds like sidewalks are off limits too.

-Any private or Association-maintained streets and walkways within the community may not be used as a playground area for bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters, wagons, and other activities which may cause dangerous conditions for automobile operators or pedestrians

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            amen. but how do you ever move if they won't allow you to put a for sale sign up?!?!
                            Is this a joke? I can't tell.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Dang Shrute, how many homes in your HOA? 100s?

I'm HOA presidente of our 16-home neighborhood. I've been the president for almost 20 years (since we moved here) in large part because I don't want a Gladys Kravitz type person taking over. My job is basically to flip burgers (and vegan patties) one weekend out of the year as well as tell one or two of my neighbors "No, we aren't doing that." during our annual HOA meeting.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Is this a joke? I can't tell.
                                I laughed!

Comment

Working...
                                X