University of Texas - You Rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Texas - You Rock!

So, my HS alma-mater who has been the longhorns for over 5 decades if not more and has used a Longhorn as their logo is being bullied by UT and forced to change their logo..

Congrats UT for being a petty POS school. You have such a ego that you would actually search out logos and pick on HS’s like this.

I get it. Your teams sucks and you must find some sort of way to get a win, but seriously. You come across petty and scared by some small-town HS in Arizona who must be making MILLIONS off that logo.

Assholes.

https://www.paysonroundup.com/news/p...046f413dd.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 07-27-2019, 04:50 AM.

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    So, my alma-mater who has been the longhorns for over 5 decades if not more and has used a Longhorn as their logo is being bullied by UT and forced to change their logo..

Congrats UT for being a petty POS school. You have such a ego that you would actually search out logos and pick on HS’s like this.

I get it. Your teams sucks and you must find some sort of way to get a win, but seriously. You come across petty and scared by some small-town HS in Arizona who must be making MILLIONS off that logo.

Assholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of the logos we used at PGHS was also used by the Minnesota Vikings. I'm sure we must have copied theirs. When I was looking up the history on the internets a few years back I found that high schools lift a lot of logos from both pro and college teams.

Comment

My high school uses the SMU helmet logo. I don't think they mind. We also stole the Iowa State fight song music.

Modeling a tradition of mediocrity.

Comment

We at Murray High alternatively ripped off Mizzou and its “M” and Michigan State’s sparty logo.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          One of the logos we used at PGHS was also used by the Minnesota Vikings. I'm sure we must have copied theirs. When I was looking up the history on the internets a few years back I found that high schools lift a lot of logos from both pro and college teams.
          It's probably more common to rip off a logo in HS than creating their own. I'm pretty sure Alta used the Atlanta falcons logo for a while on their helmets. I don't think many organizations care to get bad PR for going after high schools. Jordan HS used a solid maroon helmet with either a stripe down the middle or a J on the side. I like the minimalist approach. I think the best helmets in college are minimalist.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
            It's probably more common to rip off a logo in HS than creating their own. I'm pretty sure Alta used the Atlanta falcons logo for a while on their helmets. I don't think many organizations care to get bad PR for going after high schools. Jordan HS used a solid maroon helmet with either a stripe down the middle or a J on the side. I like the minimalist approach. I think the best helmets in college are minimalist.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
            You are right about Alta.

Also, I remember discussing this before on here and someone posting a picture of a HS that used BYU's spread Y on their helmets.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              You are right about Alta.

Also, I remember discussing this before on here and someone posting a picture of a HS that used BYU's spread Y on their helmets.
              I posted that. It was Yosemite high school. I think they used that a few years. Last year when they came to town they had more of the Yale block y.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                I posted that. It was Yosemite high school. I think they used that a few years. Last year when they came to town they had more of the Yale block y.
                Probably because those assholes at BYU came down on them.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  So, my HS alma-mater who has been the longhorns for over 5 decades if not more and has used a Longhorn as their logo is being bullied by UT and forced to change their logo..

Assholes.

Probably was retribution for when the University of Arizona bullied my kids' Texas high school to stop using their logo some years ago.
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Haha. Why am I not surprised that an Ohio State fan is upset about having to follow rules?

They should change their mascot to a lion. Payson Lions rule.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

LOL. You make it sound like UT is the only school that has ever done this.

Many, many colleges have been "cease and desist"ing high schools for years

Here is an article from 2015

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/tradem...logos-mascots/

If some HS was stupid enough to call themselves the Buckeyes and copy Ohio State, you better believe that OSU would be all over that ceasing and desisting.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        LOL. You make it sound like UT is the only school that has ever done this.

Many, many colleges have been "cease and desist"ing high schools for years

Here is an article from 2015

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/tradem...logos-mascots/

If some HS was stupid enough to call themselves the Buckeyes and copy Ohio State, you better believe that OSU would be all over that ceasing and desisting.
                        They kind of have to, if I remember my IP law correctly, to protect their property. If another college comes along and used the longhorn and UT objects, the college could claim they haven't been protecting it in the past.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm pretty sure BYU's stretch Y has been "borrowed" by some schools.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

I don’t know if the Payson issue makes UT a-holes, but this does: https://www.google.com/amp/s/austin....ut-taco-palace
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I don’t know if the Payson issue makes UT a-holes, but this does: https://www.google.com/amp/s/austin....ut-taco-palace
                              Mmm... those look delish.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X