Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmon tweets:

Just before tip-off BYU-SMC, Brandon Doman and his wife Alisha cleaned out his fbl office in the Student Athletic Building Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      I'm hoping for a duo or Steve Clark and Paul Peterson. Clark was, after all, the only coach in Utah who got a QB to the NFL combine this year.
      Actually, my first choice would be Dennis Simmons and Steve Clark, but I don't think Simmons can be pried from WSU.

Okay, my real first choice would be John Gruden and Terry Robiskie. But if we're talking about the pool reasonably available to BYU, I'd be happy with Steve Clark and Paul Peterson.
      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        I have absolutely no ill-will for Doman and I wish him well. He seems like a very good man. That said, I want him nowhere near the offense.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickomatic View Post
          Do you know what part of Ammon? I grew up in Ammon and still have family there. I left as soon as I graduated from Bonneville High.
          Wow. Two people from Ammon in the same place? That doesn't happen very often. My dad grew up on Ammon Road and his parents live there until they sold all their land in the late 90s to build 400 houses in the fields I explored as a kid.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            Nice try at changing the subject. I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about the rift between the Murphys and BYU.
            I'm interested. Please share.

Comment

• Fellas, it ain't gonna happen:

@TyDetmer14 But we love you out here just the same. One day maybe. All i'll say is that will be a blessed day for cougar nation.Your awesome

Ty Detmer
              ‏@TyDetmer14
              @Cougarblitz84 thanks Aaron! Not gonna happen this year. Never say never though. Ha
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Dang, was hoping he would take the job.

I still think we should hire back Cahoon.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUCougar View Post
                  I'm interested. Please share.
                  I don't know anything, was just joking. I'm sure there are stories, though.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• This place...which has some kind of connection to Utah sports, has a rumor of Dan Hawkins coming to Utah to mentor Brian Johnson and be the Co-OC

https://twitter.com/TaxiSquadShow
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                      This place...which has some kind of connection to Utah sports, has a rumor of Dan Hawkins coming to Utah to mentor Brian Johnson and be the Co-OC

BJ could use a mentor. After all, it's Division 1 football.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        BJ could use a mentor. After all, it's Division 1 football.
                        Go play intramurals brother!
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          This place...which has some kind of connection to Utah sports, has a rumor of Dan Hawkins coming to Utah to mentor Brian Johnson and be the Co-OC

Too good to believe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• There can only be one reason it's taken BYU this long to announce their QB coach: they are still working on getting Detmer. If they were interested in anyone else (Peterson, Beck, et al), they would have landed them by now. That's not to say I'm predicting it WILL end up being Detmer, but I think that's why it's taking so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                              There can only be one reason it's taken BYU this long to announce their QB coach: they are still working on getting Detmer. If they were interested in anyone else (Peterson, Beck, et al), they would have landed them by now. That's not to say I'm predicting it WILL end up being Detmer, but I think that's why it's taking so long.
                              There can be at least one other reason: Anae doesn't think the others are good options, so he is holding out. As I understand it Beck was not a big fan of Anae, but I don't know if it goes the other direction. Is Beck looking for the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                There can be at least one other reason: Anae doesn't think the others are good options, so he is holding out. As I understand it Beck was not a big fan of Anae, but I don't know if it goes the other direction. Is Beck looking for the job?
                                It's Jason Beck, not John.

Comment

Working...
                                X