No announcement yet.

CUF Concert Brag Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent a fun evening with Steve Martin, Martin Short and the Steep Canyon Rangers (good bluegrass group with Steve Martin as a very good banjo player). It was an evening of greatest hits and some funny new stuff as well. They were fairly topical and political without offending one side or the other, at least not much. I particularly enjoyed a picture on the big screen of Kim Jong Un that prompted the comment, "He looks like the bouncer at a lesbian pick-up bar."

Comment

• Was front row at U2/ Beck the other night. Not bad. I also have tix to an upcoming Billy Corgan solo show at the Masonic Lodge in L.A.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I'm hitting that show in San Diego tomorrow. I'm nowhere near the front row though. You win.

Comment

• Not so much a brag, but an admission.

My wife adores the Beatles, and Paul McCartney had a concert in Syracuse, NY. So she was probably one of the first to buy tickets. Nonetheless, I was very pleasantly surprised by the energy and endurance that Paul had. There was no opening act, he started punctually on the 8:00PM hour and played his (our) favorite tuns for 2 hours and 45 minutes without interruption, except for the encore performance. The crowd was a mixture of greyed folk and some of younger generations. But mind you, this guy is 75 years young and looks fantastic. His fellow Beatle, Richard Starkey is 77 and also looks amazing.

If you ever wondered whether it would be worth a concert, it is if you are looking to pretend you saw the Beatles. He performed songs from PM and Wings as well as his very first recorded song from the Quarrymen, as well as his most recent recording from a few years ago. He also played four instruments, from the piano, to bass, acoustic, ukulele, and various electric guitars. Well done.

Tickets were quite affordable, $99, so cost was not an issue.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I saw Billy Corgan at the Hollywood Forever cemetery inside the masonic lodge last week. One of my favorite shows ever; he played four nights in a row there and I only caught night 1-- really wish I'd have planned on all four. Capacity was about 150 with chairs about 15 across and 10 deep in front of a piano and an acoustic guitar; it was like a show inside a relief society room, but with better acoustics. The best sound I've ever heard at a B.C./Smashing Pumpkins show. I'd upload an iPhone video if it wasn't such a pain.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              I saw Billy Corgan at the Hollywood Forever cemetery inside the masonic lodge last week. One of my favorite shows ever; he played four nights in a row there and I only caught night 1-- really wish I'd have planned on all four. Capacity was about 150 with chairs about 15 across and 10 deep in front of a piano and an acoustic guitar; it was like a show inside a relief society room, but with better acoustics. The best sound I've ever heard at a B.C./Smashing Pumpkins show. I'd upload an iPhone video if it wasn't such a pain.
              They have a Hollywood-themed cemetery inside a Masonic lodge? I need to learn more about the masons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                They have a Hollywood-themed cemetery inside a Masonic lodge? I need to learn more about the masons.
                I guess I framed that sentence poorly. How embarrassing!

Comment

• I went to Motley Crue "Dr Feelgood" when I was in HS. Tomorrow I am going, with my entire clan, to David Archuletta at ISU Performing Arts building. My first concert in almost 30 years! I am also going to watch my twin 7th graders' piano recital. To offset these activities I will spend the morning fly fishing below the American Falls dam. I understand many huge sterlized rainbows end up channelized into the original river channel during this low water time of the year and the fishing is fabulous. This will be my 5th time fly fishing but I am beginning to figure this stuff out. I am told this area this time of the year is one of the best fly fishing locales nationally. So couple my Saturday events together I am only half-gay. But to avoid anyone thinking I am a neanderthal redneck I will refrain from categorizing which activities (fishing versus David Archuleta concert) cause me to be half-gay...nttiawwt.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    I went to Motley Crue "Dr Feelgood" when I was in HS. Tomorrow I am going, with my entire clan, to David Archuletta at ISU Performing Arts building. My first concert in almost 30 years! I am also going to watch my twin 7th graders' piano recital. To offset these activities I will spend the morning fly fishing below the American Falls dam. I understand many huge sterlized rainbows end up channelized into the original river channel during this low water time of the year and the fishing is fabulous. This will be my 5th time fly fishing but I am beginning to figure this stuff out. I am told this area this time of the year is one of the best fly fishing locales nationally. So couple my Saturday events together I am only half-gay. But to avoid anyone thinking I am a neanderthal redneck I will refrain from categorizing which activities (fishing versus David Archuleta concert) cause me to be half-gay...nttiawwt.
                    That was an extremely reticent brag.

I would like to try my hand at fly fishing and see what the big deal is. People seem to catch the bug and really really get into it. I remember there was a fly fishing class at Ricks that would have the students out on the grass at the quad practicing their casts. Seemed like a really chill time.

Comment

• Recent Portland shows. Five for Fighting--still can maintain the falsetto, had a string quartet touring with him instead of standard band, enjoyed the show (they are one of Mrs. Swampfrog's favorites). Also caught Depeche Mode. Dave can still sing, Martin has lost all of his range--but seemed to actually be enjoying himself, hopping around the stage and dancing a bit on a few tracks. Still a great show. I could listen to Stripped all day long.

Comment

• And a river runs through it.

Comment

• My wife says we are going to see L.A. Witch tonight.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I went to Motley Crue "Dr Feelgood" when I was in HS. Tomorrow I am going, with my entire clan, to David Archuletta at ISU Performing Arts building. My first concert in almost 30 years! I am also going to watch my twin 7th graders' piano recital. To offset these activities I will spend the morning fly fishing below the American Falls dam. I understand many huge sterlized rainbows end up channelized into the original river channel during this low water time of the year and the fishing is fabulous. This will be my 5th time fly fishing but I am beginning to figure this stuff out. I am told this area this time of the year is one of the best fly fishing locales nationally. So couple my Saturday events together I am only half-gay. But to avoid anyone thinking I am a neanderthal redneck I will refrain from categorizing which activities (fishing versus David Archuleta concert) cause me to be half-gay...nttiawwt.
                            That would be rad if David Archuletta did an a cappella version of "Don't Go Away Mad".

My old man's memory is haunting me to start fly fishing again. Pretty much every family vacation growing up had some connection to fly fishing. When I was young, he didn't care too much about our fishing experience. He would take off on the streams and leave us with my mom. But later he started outfitting us with fly gear, and I really started to enjoy it. He even planned a couple of Yellowstone fishing trips for the wife and I when we were newlyweds. I never got past dry fly fishing, which was fine by me. But now that we're in central Oregon it's almost sacrilege to not fish with nymphs. I've tried it a couple of times, and it just isn't that satisfying. If I can't see the fly, it's not the same thing for me. My son is making some noise about teaching him to fly fish, so that's as good a reason as any to start up again. I'll just have to find some smaller streams where dry flies will be more productive.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Saturday might have been the most emasculating experience of my life. While fishing I got about as much action as I did in High School. Then all of the teams I care about lost. Then to top it off the David Archuleta concert as the weirdest experience of my life. Listening to the frumpy thirty-something mormon women carry on like groupies made me really uncomfortable. The poor kid has a world class voice but is so awkward. He needs to ditch the rock star awkward young teacher at a stake dance dancing routine and just sit at the piano and do what he does best - just sing. Then again the frumpy moms of 3-4 appear to love the guy, so what I do know? He did "The First Noel" with very little accompanying sounds and I could understand what he was saying and I knew the words so that was worth the price of admission. Vastly different experience than the other concert I have been to in my life, although I could - and still can- sing along with the Crue, but I have no lingering fears as to whether or not the AD is going to call me into a piss test today- so I guess I got that going for me.

As far as fishing nobody was getting any action. There were about 5-6 other guys spread out along the deep holes of the original Snake River channel below the AF Dam and nobody caught a fish all day. But much like Kalani Sitake and Ty Detmer, I will not give up!
                              Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 11-20-2017, 08:06 AM.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Bob Mould / Foo Fighters.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X