Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For American Craft Beer week, on May 17, 2016 Red Rock is doing a 3-course meal paired with Paardebloem, Reve, and Furlong.

I can't quite justify dropping the $75.00 per person for it, but I may eventually convince myself otherwise. Paardebloem and Furlong are amazing. I've never had the Reve.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      With the fabulous distribution of beer into Utah, I've only tried one of those brands of beer. Dogfish Head is really really good beer, but I've only tried a couple of their IPAs.
      Their assortment of (x)-minute IPA's are probably my favorite IPA's. the most recent beer I had from them, Fort, is fantastic. So tasty, and just heavy enough.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        Their assortment of (x)-minute IPA's are probably my favorite IPA's. the most recent beer I had from them, Fort, is fantastic. So tasty, and just heavy enough.
        Now we are going to get a joke from HFN about what if you don't drink it in (x) minutes.

I had the 90 and 60 minute IPA. Both were good. I can't say that I liked it anymore than Elephino or 2Rows Random IPA. For our shitty distribution, we really do have fantastic breweries here to make up for it.
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The liquor store had the tangerine Hop Nosh last night. It was good. While I love citrus in an IPA, this one was a bit heavier than I like with citrus. I'll probably buy again, but it won't be my first choice.

I also saw a new Uinta Ale brewed with cucumber and aged in gin barrels. I got a bomber of it, but didn't partake last night. I may partake tonight. Unita has kind of gone crazy with the number of styles they are brewing these days.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I just watched Jackass 2.5 on Netflix, which consists of some of the greatest misses or outtakes from Jackass 2. The gang went to India and they tracked down that guy with the world's longest fingernails. Dude was standing up on a platform, produced a bottle of Miller or Miller Lite (I don't remember) and said, "it's Miller Time" and proceeded to pour the beer on his hand, down his nails and into the mouth of Steve-O, who made a show of acting like it was gross. His buddies were saying things like, "I don't think he's ever washed those nails!" and consequently Steve-O threw up, grossing out the girls who were there in attendance. My question is: do you think he threw up because of the thought of the fingernails in his beer or because Miller is just that sub-par?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
              I just watched Jackass 2.5 on Netflix, which consists of some of the greatest misses or outtakes from Jackass 2. The gang went to India and they tracked down that guy with the world's longest fingernails. Dude was standing up on a platform, produced a bottle of Miller or Miller Lite (I don't remember) and said, "it's Miller Time" and proceeded to pour the beer on his hand, down his nails and into the mouth of Steve-O, who made a show of acting like it was gross. His buddies were saying things like, "I don't think he's ever washed those nails!" and consequently Steve-O threw up, grossing out the girls who were there in attendance. My question is: do you think he threw up because of the thought of the fingernails in his beer or because Miller is just that sub-par?
              I'd say it is a little from column A and a little from column B.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Got 3 different Dogfish Head IPAs to try, a Breakside Brewery IPA, and tried some good sours recently. Been a good beer week.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Funk, how do you explain this?!?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Funk, how do you explain this?!?

I'd probably say nice things about that swill if they paid me enough money.

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Red Rock - White Rainbow IPA. Definitely a good summer ale, but I'd still take an Elephino over it any day.

Red Rock - CoHOPeration India Rye Lager. I liked this one more than I expected. I do think rye done right in a beer really is great. I don't drink lagers much, but I really liked this one.

Proper - SkittleBrau. Nice solid Saison with raspberry puree. Really refreshing summer beer.

With trying these beers, I haven't had the Dogfish or Breakside IPAs yet.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Epic Brainless Raspberries. Ridic.

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                          Epic Brainless Raspberries. Ridic.
                          Really? Not a big fan of Epic's fruit Saisons. Its been awhile, maybe I should try them again.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            Really? Not a big fan of Epic's fruit Saisons. Its been awhile, maybe I should try them again.
                            Have you tried Red Rock's Le Quatre Saison? I'm not much of a beer drinker, but when I do drink beer, Le Quatre is my go-to.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              Have you tried Red Rock's Le Quatre Saison? I'm not much of a beer drinker, but when I do drink beer, Le Quatre is my go-to.
                              Yes I've had it. I like it. I don't drink it much as I usually don't drink Saisons.

Red Rock is my favorite local Brewery.

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Uinta is going to be releasing a kettle soured IPA. Hell yes, I'll be trying that one as soon as it is released.

Red Rock to be releasing Forbidden Peach sometime in the near future. It is a Belgian Ale with fresh Brigham City peaches that is barrel aged with brett yeast. I'll definitely be standing in line for that one when it is released.
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X