No announcement yet.

2017 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Ute fans. It's just one of those terrible, awful sports days. I fully expect Utah to win today to complete the terrible, awful sports day.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Well Ute fans. It's just one of those terrible, awful sports days. I fully expect Utah to win today to complete the terrible, awful sports day.
      I think I’ll just go guzzle a bottle of epicac.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Well Ute fans. It's just one of those terrible, awful sports days. I fully expect Utah to win today to complete the terrible, awful sports day.
        Utah grasped defeat from the jaws of victory. I wonder if SU was at the game.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• A Kwittingham game for the ages.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• What a timeout call. Yeesh. At least today wasn't a total loss.

Comment

• Ha. A small blessing to end an awful day.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                What a timeout call. Yeesh. At least today wasn't a total loss.
                yowza that timeout made no sense.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• If Clemson wins, they're in. If Wisconsin wins, they're in. The winner of the SEC championship is in. I can't imagine a one loss Alabama team doesn't go. But if Clemson and Wisconsin were to both win, they'd have to boot out either Alabama, Oklahoma or the SEC Champ. It seems like that would be Oklahoma.

Ohio State beating Wisconsin would make things easier, Ohio State has no chance unless Oklahoma loses to TCU. Even then, a two loss Clemson team would be more deserving.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    If Clemson wins, they're in. If Wisconsin wins, they're in. The winner of the SEC championship is in. I can't imagine a one loss Alabama team doesn't go. But if Clemson and Wisconsin were to both win, they'd have to boot out either Alabama, Oklahoma or the SEC Champ. It seems like that would be Oklahoma.

Ohio State beating Wisconsin would make things easier, Ohio State has no chance unless Oklahoma loses to TCU. Even then, a two loss Clemson team would be more deserving.
                    Oklahoma and Wisconsin both control their own destiny. Alabama is out unless Ohio State beats Wisconsin, then it will come down between them 2. No other 2 loss team has a chance.

SEC, ACC and Big 10 championships are playoff elimination games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      Oklahoma and Wisconsin both control their own destiny. Alabama is out unless Ohio State beats Wisconsin, then it will come down between them 2. No other 2 loss team has a chance.

SEC, ACC and Big 10 championships are playoff elimination games.
                      Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• CFN has been beating the anti-bama drum hard since they lost the Iron Bowl.

...if Clemson, Auburn, Oklahoma and Wisconsin were good enough to get into the top four this week, and if they all win their respective conference championships, then that’s it. That’s your College Football Playoff.

But remember, if someone else wins these championships, then that means they’ll have beaten someone amazing.

And Alabama hasn’t.

The best Crimson Tide win is No. 17 LSU. Yippee.

If Miami wins, it’ll have beaten the No. 1 team in the country – Clemson. If Georgia wins, it’ll be No. 2 Auburn. And so on.

So no matter what happens in the conference championships, including the Pac-12, all five Power Five champs will have a better win than Alabama can boast.

There won’t be a real argument for Bama over Ohio State or TCU – both will have a stronger win than the Crimson Tide’s best win, and – if they win their respective games – they’ll each have a conference championship.
                        http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/...is-alabama-out

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          CFN has been beating the anti-bama drum hard since they lost the Iron Bowl.

Hard to disagree with that. Especially watching Bama play a team like Mercer prior to Auburn and still sucking the big one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            CFN has been beating the anti-bama drum hard since they lost the Iron Bowl.

If you're an Oklahoma or Wisconsin fan, who would you rather play in the playoff -- Alabama or Miami? If you answer Alabama, you're an idiot. Florida State was ranked #3 when they played and Alabama beat them badly. Florida State lost their QB and their season got derailed.

Auburn may not have healthy RBs, Georgia could very well beat them. I think it's likely that Georgia could leapfrog Alabama. And again, the other playoff teams will rejoice.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• The ACC Championship is basically over and Clemson will be the #1 seed. The Big 10 Championship is still up in the air, but Ohio State is likely going to win.

It seems like they won't want an Alabama v Clemson rematch in the first round, so Alabama will be 2 or 3. Georgia will be #4

Comment

• Ohio State out of the CFP. I guess the whole championship games matter line was just talk.

Clemson Alabama
                                OU Georgia

Comment

Working...
                                X