What's right with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Are you kidding me?... Feinstein looks alt-right by California standards.

I am hoping they will get Jennifer Lawrence, who has announced she is going to take some time off to "fix our democracy", to run for her seat. She is a middle school dropout but claims to be 'self educated'. She seems like the prefect candidate for the Cali dems and would represent the millennials there well.
    Not eligible until 2020, but would be entertaining.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Legalized recreational marijuana is something that is right about California.
      So I had never been to a dispensary before, but I went to one the other day because it is now legal here and I am curious. It pretty much destroyed the stereotype I was expecting. I expecting was tattoos, nose rings, dreadlocks, eyes barely open and stoner drawls, from both customers and what they term "budtenders". While there was a small subsection of clientele that fit the stereotype, the overwhelming majority of the patrons were business professionals, soccer moms, and retirees. I remember looking around and thinking to myself that there isn't a single "stoner" in the group. Then an early 20s guy and his girlfriend came in the lobby and they checked off the expected stereotype.

The "budtenders" reflected their clientele. I was helped by a 40 something soccermom named Karen. I don't smoke and don't really want to start so i was interesting in edible options. Karen told me about several products that she routinely uses and I wound up settling on a package of chocolate covered espresso beans that have a 5mg dose of THC per bean. I don't know how often i will partake but my experience was overwhelmingly positive and not at all what I expected.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        So I had never been to a dispensary before, but I went to one the other day because it is now legal here and I am curious. It pretty much destroyed the stereotype I was expecting. I expecting was tattoos, nose rings, dreadlocks, eyes barely open and stoner drawls, from both customers and what they term "budtenders". While there was a small subsection of clientele that fit the stereotype, the overwhelming majority of the patrons were business professionals, soccer moms, and retirees. I remember looking around and thinking to myself that there isn't a single "stoner" in the group. Then an early 20s guy and his girlfriend came in the lobby and they checked off the expected stereotype.

The "budtenders" reflected their clientele. I was helped by a 40 something soccermom named Karen. I don't smoke and don't really want to start so i was interesting in edible options. Karen told me about several products that she routinely uses and I wound up settling on a package of chocolate covered espresso beans that have a 5mg dose of THC per bean. I don't know how often i will partake but my experience was overwhelmingly positive and not at all what I expected.
        The stoner stereotype is dying these days. With the legalization of marijuana, it is becoming suburban professionals that are the main clientele for legalized dispensaries. I was talking to a friend of mine that I knew from my days in Oregon. She was mentioning going to a mom group. The conversation among the mothers in that group ended up being about favorite strains and what they were growing. My LDS mom friend said she didn't really have anything to add to that discussion.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The stoner stereotype is dying these days. With the legalization of marijuana, it is becoming suburban professionals that are the main clientele for legalized dispensaries. I was talking to a friend of mine that I knew from my days in Oregon. She was mentioning going to a mom group. The conversation among the mothers in that group ended up being about favorite strains and what they were growing. My LDS mom friend said she didn't really have anything to add to that discussion.
          This same mommy group probably swaps essential oils. Dummies.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            This same mommy group probably swaps essential oils. Dummies.
            I didn't know that essential oils were a big deal among marijuana smoking mothers. I guess that is some good common ground for Mormon mommies and MJ mommies.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I didn't know that essential oils were a big deal among marijuana smoking mothers. I guess that is some good common ground for Mormon mommies and MJ mommies.
              Try to keep up, funk.

https://cannador.com/articles/single...ls-to-cannabis

https://www.thekindland.com/women/8-...tter-high-2451
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• That's awesome... Utah needs to legal weed soon otherwise doTerra may move its HQ to California so they can start selling MJ favored essential oils to the hippy moms.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That's awesome... Utah needs to legal weed soon otherwise doTerra may move its HQ to California so they can start selling MJ favored essential oils to the hippy moms.
                  Multi-level marketing for weed. Holy cow, can you imagine?

Comment

umm that is actually not a bad idea. Easier and less intimidating to buy cannabis products from a friend...hard to get the license to sell though...at least for now.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I've looked into opening a weed store for my son to run... it would be right up his alley... but it's a dang tough business and a vast majority fail.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                        I've looked into opening a weed store for my son to run... it would be right up his alley... but it's a dang tough business and a vast majority fail.
                        Maybe you should run the multilevel "essential weeds" idea by him... He could recruit return missionaries to get in on the "ground level" by selling the essential weeds door-to-door in the summer starting with the members in your ward.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe you should run the multilevel "essential weeds" idea by him... He could recruit return missionaries to get in on the "ground level" by selling the essential weeds door-to-door in the summer starting with the members in your ward.
                          Essential weeds.

Comment

"essential weeds"
                            Aside from that being one of the funniest things you have ever said on here, it's also fairly genius, and someone will do it someday. I'm sure will have stuff like these.

Sativ-Ahh

ThisHill's

BoxElder

Weedzz
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              Aside from that being one of the funniest things you have ever said on here, it's also fairly genius, and someone will do it someday. I'm sure will have stuff like these.

Sativ-Ahh

ThisHill's

BoxElder

Weedzz
                              Yeah, I can see all kinds of complementary products you can sell with the Essential Weeds as well... like some products from the "Out of Africa Primitive Art" store.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Whoa. Hang on. Wait a minute!

They are dumping (Feinstien) because she is too moderate?
                                Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                Legalized recreational marijuana is something that is right about California.
                                Hmmmmmmm . . .
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X