No announcement yet.

The Official Brisket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I come to bask in the expertise of the forum. I am planning a brisket for tomorrow's festivities. I have a 12 lb packer that I plan to cook by the hot method DT describes earlier in the thread. My question is what is a realistic cook time? Planning to eat around 3 pm.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      So I come to bask in the expertise of the forum. I am planning a brisket for tomorrow's festivities. I have a 12 lb packer that I plan to cook by the hot method DT describes earlier in the thread. My question is what is a realistic cook time? Planning to eat around 3 pm.
      What's the hot method. Maybe link it so I can help with the original question.

My briskets have taken between 9-12 hours and I generally set the smoker at 225-250 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So I come to bask in the expertise of the forum. I am planning a brisket for tomorrow's festivities. I have a 12 lb packer that I plan to cook by the hot method DT describes earlier in the thread. My question is what is a realistic cook time? Planning to eat around 3 pm.
        i would probably put it on at 2:45 and make sure to cover it in poop
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          fresh poop. Nothing ruins a shit brisket faster than cold, dry poop.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Put it in now at 350 degrees, then take it out five minutes before kickoff. Don't cover it with foil, don't inject it, don't use liquid. Also, pull it out of the ovens using your bare hands. Then after you eat your dry, burnt brisket, crap yourself watching your Utes get steamrolled by a resurgent BYU, then ESAD you worthless piece of ute filth boooooooooooo
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Put it in now at 350 degrees, then take it out five minutes before kickoff. Don't cover it with foil, don't inject it, don't use liquid. Also, pull it out of the ovens using your bare hands. Then after you eat your dry, burnt brisket, crap yourself watching your Utes get steamrolled by a resurgent BYU, then ESAD you worthless piece of ute filth boooooooooooo
              I am sensing some unwarranted hostility in your post...
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                What's the hot method. Maybe link it so I can help with the original question.

My briskets have taken between 9-12 hours and I generally set the smoker at 225-250 degrees.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post987376

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I am sensing some unwarranted hostility in your post...
                  Six straight will do that to you.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Well, never mind then, if you are going to be an ass about it.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Well, never mind then, if you are going to be an ass about it.

Huh???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Huh???

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Six straight will do that to you.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          fresh poop. Nothing ruins a shit brisket faster than cold, dry poop.
                          Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          JIC - How dis the brisket turn out? Pictures?

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I smoked two briskets last night/this morning. They're being FTC'd right now until we eat in a couple of hours. The key problem I'm having with brisket is the narrow portion of the flat is typically dry and flaky. It get's better through the middle, but I'm worried that by reducing the cook time, I'll have excessive unrendered fat and calogen in the other parts of the brisket.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Huh???

Ha, just saw this. On Tapatalk, the link took me to the first post in the thread, but now I see that JiC actually linked to the post he had in question. Sorry JiC, I take back my calling you an ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I smoked two briskets last night/this morning. They're being FTC'd right now until we eat in a couple of hours. The key problem I'm having with brisket is the narrow portion of the flat is typically dry and flaky. It get's better through the middle, but I'm worried that by reducing the cook time, I'll have excessive unrendered fat and calogen in the other parts of the brisket.
                                This should be fixable. What temp are you cooking to? And do you foil after a few hours of smoke?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X