No announcement yet.

Birding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornell has added a really cool new photo ID feature to their All About Birds webpage. Right now you can help them test their Beta version. I tried about 12 different species and it correctly identified ten. Not too shabby.

http://merlin.allaboutbirds.org/photo-id-help/
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I love the one carrying the sucker fish.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            I love the one carrying the sucker fish.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I've always been glad my eyes aren't down by the corner of my mouth. Getting barbecue sauce into my eyes would sting. Cool pics, though.

Comment

That's an amazing shot of that egret. The whiteness of the primaries is astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      That's an amazing shot of that egret. The whiteness of the primaries is astounding.
                      I was able to upgrade to the 7D mark II recently. It seems to handle the whites better than my 50D did. A little touch up in LightRoom and Nik Color Efex Pro to get a little more contrast in the feathers also. Not quite as sharp as I would have liked, but close.

Here's a few more from the Seattle area from Spring break.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                        I was able to upgrade to the 7D mark II recently. It seems to handle the whites better than my 50D did. A little touch up in LightRoom and Nik Color Efex Pro to get a little more contrast in the feathers also. Not quite as sharp as I would have liked, but close.

Here's a few more from the Seattle area from Spring break.
                        The zebra-like design on those feathers is crazy cool.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          The zebra-like design on those feathers is crazy cool.
                          Green-winged teal, I was standing on a platform above the water, so I couldn't get low enough to get a good shot of it. Beautiful bird. I have seen them a couple of times in the Seattle area, but not down south in the greater Portland area where I live. Hope to get a better opportunity in the future.

Comment

Birding

A quick one from yesterday after a weekend of rain.

Geese.jpg
                            Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 04-12-2016, 11:12 PM.
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

It's a junk shot, but if you're a birder, you might want to see what I saw today.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                It's a junk shot, but if you're a birder, you might want to see what I saw today.
                                That's cool. Was it really hanging upside down from a branch like Schwarzenegger in Predator?

Comment

Working...
                                X