No announcement yet.

BYU women soccer plays at Stanford now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BYU defeated UNLV at South Field, 2-0 but dominated possession. My younger son and I sat in the North Goal Zone and could see the second goal from a nice build and assist. Many more opportunities but number 19 for UNLV at centerback snuffed out several almost sure goals.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Why would that be embarrassing? He became a fan of the women's team because his daughter is friends with several of the team members, and Marc Lyons' granddaughter plays for the Cougars as well. He attended games and tweeted about the team for a few years, and it was a natural fit to extend his play-calling to women's soccer.

Personally, I think it is awesome that our minor sports have near-professional levels of broadcast production. I was thinking two weekends ago on our way down to Phoenix, what other program could offer an HD-quality broadcast of women's soccer with quality commentary, multiple camera angles, instant replay, etc. all available to me for free while I drive down I-15 at 85 mph? That's pretty cool.
      Just my opinion, but I don't think you should be watching soccer games while driving 85 mph.

So I guess the next game will be in my neck of the woods (relatively speaking). Do we know when it will be yet? Maybe I will drag my daughter or Parrot Head or someone down to watch it. Is the SU Fathead available?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        Just my opinion, but I don't think you should be watching soccer games while driving 85 mph.

So I guess the next game will be in my neck of the woods (relatively speaking). Do we know when it will be yet? Maybe I will drag my daughter or Parrot Head or someone down to watch it. Is the SU Fathead available?
        4pm Thurs in Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          4pm Thurs in Columbia.
          Well, that's not ideal. Maybe I will hope for a win and go to Saturday evening's game.

Comment

Well, that's not ideal. Maybe I will hope for a win and go to Saturday evening's game.
            :fairweatherfan:

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              :fairweatherfan:
              Weather will likely be fairer Thursday at 4:00 than Saturday at 7:00 tbh.

Comment

Weather will likely be fairer Thursday at 4:00 than Saturday at 7:00 tbh.
                I thought about skipping work and flying to the game, but my wife put the kabosh on that. Let's hope they win against OU, and maybe I can see the third game, taking nothing for granted. I went to the UNLV with my son who played soccer all his life. He had some refinements which could be employed but like the attacking style.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

The fall sports begin a week from Saturday when women's soccer goes to play the Sooners in Norman. I will be making the drive from dfw and taking my daughter. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    The fall sports begin a week from Saturday when women's soccer goes to play the Sooners in Norman. I will be making the drive from dfw and taking my daughter. Should be fun.
                    That should be interesting with a completely new team for the Cougs in enemy territory. Hopefully, they can pull out the victory, but I enjoy the fact that the women soccer and even softball teams play the very best, unlike the men's basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      That should be interesting with a completely new team for the Cougs in enemy territory. Hopefully, they can pull out the victory, but I enjoy the fact that the women soccer and even softball teams play the very best, unlike the men's basketball team.
                      It's not completely new. The entire defensive back line and goalkeeper who started most of the season return. And it was a very good defense. On offense they lost some great talent in Hatch and Vasconcelos for sure, but there's also plenty of experience returning but with less flash.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 08-03-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

BYU #8 in the first poll of the season. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          BYU #8 in the first poll of the season. Not bad.
                          Impressive with all the offense they lost.

Comment

Working...
                          X