Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
    My anti-virus software warns it's a dangerous site.
    That's possible. I didn't see/heed any warnings.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      What was spine chilling about that? Relaxing traditional mission rules resulted in many missionaries misbehaving. why is that surprising? Is there more to this story? nikuman always seems to have some additional scoop. lets have it!
      What's spine chilling is that it proves that the church is not true!

Although the project eventually failed, an interesting aspect of the Mormon church can be observed from this ordeal. That is, rather than receiving divine revelation directly from god as to how the church should go about performing its missionary work, the leaders of the LDS faith rely upon statistics and pilot programs to figure out what is effective and what isn't. It truly seems silly that a church which claims to be led by a "living prophet of god" should need to rely on empirical data in order to know how to best conduct itself. Instead of seeking heavenly guidance like an organization supposedly led by god should, Mormonism is "based on a sales model"7 like that of a corporation.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Here's additional information from a purported missionary during that time (starting with comment #11):

http://mainstreetplaza.com/2008/02/1...est-two-years/
        That was an interesting read. From there it sounds like a good program killed by short sighted leaders and/or politics. Which make me even more curious about Nik's comment.

I guess SU was going by Guy Noir, Private Eye on message boards back in 2008?
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Here's additional information from a purported missionary during that time (starting with comment #11):

http://mainstreetplaza.com/2008/02/1...est-two-years/
          Hmmm... Sounds like it was pretty successful. What is the controversy?

Must be another one of these closely-guarded nikuman secrets.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
            What's spine chilling is that it proves that the church is not true!
            That is indeed a funny comment. Yeah, we shouldn't have to think or work at all. The prophet should be able to tell us everything!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              That is indeed a funny comment. Yeah, we shouldn't have to think or work at all. The prophet should be able to tell us everything!
              Why use a focus group when we can just pray about something? My testimony has come crashing down thanks to this blog post (combined with the recent discoveries of the benefits of caffeine that we previously had no idea about).
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                It's the anti/ex mo thing that always makes me laugh the most. As if that's what's taught. Actually most of the ex-mo crowd (the ex-Mormon.org ones I mean) is like that. If you believed them, we go to church every Sunday to learn about Kolob, the Adam-God theory, and how all GA's take dictation from God in everything they do.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                  I believe it was the Fukuoka mission that tried this and the results were atrocious. It is hard to know what stories that came about as a result of the Ammon project were made up or hyperbole, but in the end it was not a good thing.
                  Yes, this. A year or so before I served. You were better off dropping the f - bomb in an interview with the MP than mentioning the Ammon Project

I served with the son of the MP who started it, so it was always awkward. I'll type more when I have a chance. The big deal about it was that it was a big deal - nothing more. It was successful in Fukuoka but it resulted in horrid results in my mission - elders getting people pregnant, running off, getting jobs, and getting married, and general naughtiness. I had to clean up a series of areas where elders were having sex parties and getting drunk. Nothing really worse than that. The stories from 10 years prior were waaaaay worse.

Personally, I thought the Ammon Project sounded like a good idea.
                  Last edited by Pheidippides; 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                    Yes, this. A year or so before I served. You were better off dropping the f - bomb in an interview with the MP than mentioning the Ammon Project

I served with the son of the MP who started it, so it was always awkward. I'll type more when I have a chance. The big deal about it was that it was a big deal - nothing more. It was successful in Fukuoka but it resulted in horrid results in my mission - elders getting people pregnant, running off, getting jobs, and getting married, and general naughtiness. I had to clean up a series of areas where elders were having sex parties and getting drunk. Nothing really worse than that. The stories from 10 years prior were waaaaay worse.

Personally, I thought the Ammon Project sounded like a good idea.
                    So from Seattle Ute's perspective the program was a success in your mission as well.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• New Assessments for Prospective Missionaries

SALT LAKE CITY - Prospective missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will see changes to the screening process to become qualified for missionary service. The church announced a series of new requirements early Tuesday that will allow for a "better prepared, and more fully equipped" workforce of full-time missionaries. From church headquarters in Salt Lake City, Brother Jacob B. Boswell, head of the Missionary Qualifications and Assessments Department, addressed the media saying, "Since President Monson's announcement of the missionary age change in October 2012, we have seen our missionary force nearly double." Brother Boswell continued, "We would like to make one-hundred percent certain that these missionaries are qualified spiritually, as well as physically for the demands of daily missionary labor."

New spirituality tests, physical assessments, and even background checks, will be conducted to ensure missionaries can handle the rigorous day-to-day demands of missionary work. Previously, missionaries were required to see a family doctor to ensure minimal physical health standards were met. The church is raising the qualifications with a new series of tests to be adminstered by a Bishop, in addition to the standard tests performed by the family physician. "Missionaries have accepted the challenge to be more spiritually prepared, we want to ensure they are physically prepared as well." Said Brother Boswell in the news conference early Tuesday morning. "Bishops will conduct pushup tests, timed sprints, as well as weight bearing tests, to ensure top physical fitness for male and female missionaries."

In addition to the physical tests administered by the Bishop, future missionaries will also be required to score at least 85% on a series of fill in the blank, short essay, and short answer questions. "These questions have been carefully thought out and considered by the entire committee of the Missionary Qualifications and Assessments Department. We want to make sure that potential missionaries understand basic church history, fundamental principles of other religions, and when it may or may not be okay to talk about outer darkness with potential investigators." Said Brother Boswell. "We feel confident that if applicants for missionary service know the answers to these select questions, they will know the answers to many of the other questions that arise during typical missionary service."
                      […]
                      Knowing how many Hindu Gods there are is a good thing but being beat by that girl is embarrassing.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• the church should host a combine and a draft, with mission presidents picking from prospective elders and sisters. The most elite elders would be allowed to test at regional pro days at select stake centers across the country. Sisters obviously would not be allowed to do that.

sounds like they are making all applicants take a form of Wonderlic test. I predict that the name of the test will be changed for the sisters for obvious reasons.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          New Assessments for Prospective Missionaries

Knowing how many Hindu Gods there are is a good thing but being beat by that girl is embarrassing.
                          Hopefully the highly recruited incoming OL and DL Freshman will not pass the "weight" and "in shape" requirements. Of course I am referring to the males.

Comment

the church should host a combine and a draft, with mission presidents picking from prospective elders and sisters. The most elite elders would be allowed to test at regional pro days at select stake centers across the country. Sisters obviously would not be allowed to do that.

sounds like they are making all applicants take a form of Wonderlic test. I predict that the name of the test will be changed for the sisters for obvious reasons.
                            This isn't an April fools "joke"?
                            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                              This isn't an April fools "joke"?
                              No I think it is very serious. Didn't you see the pictures?
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

No I think it is very serious. Didn't you see the pictures?
                                I like the girl running in heels
                                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                                X