Indexing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I don't even know what indexing is, but not because of coolness.
    You are kinda cool, I bet you are right on the cuff of not knowing what indexing is because of coolness.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Our stake had an indexing goal of 1,000,000 names last year. We hit 1.3 million. We have a leaderboard on the stake website and it is like a game similar to what Uncle Ted suggested.

My neighbor works for the prison as a contractor, he runs a crew of inmates and they do construction jobs around the state. Right now they are working on some data center up in Clearfield. He said he can always outbid people as the inmates are only paid $1.25 an hour.
      *Banned*

Comment

I don't even know what indexing is, but not because of coolness.
        I think you're way cool, and you'd be a great indexer should you ever choose to step into fray with the worker bee saints. I think you're on the cusp of taking cool to another level.

Fame/Fortune/Indexer

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

If the church ever released an essay clarifying some of the more seedy details of indexing, guaranteed that I'll be on of those with their mouths open in shock. Because I have no idea what the hell indexing is. Does section 132 talk about that as well?
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Edit: I wonder when the church will get robots to do the temple work as well.
            Some would say they already do.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Of course, in about ten years robots will most likely be able do this better than us humans. Our ancestors have been waiting a lot time but another ten years most likely won't hurt them.

Edit: I wonder when the church will get robots to do the temple work as well.
              That video is all over the place. Too much 'cute' animation. Thumbs down for me.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                I think you're way cool, and you'd be a great indexer should you ever choose to step into fray with the worker bee saints. I think you're on the cusp of taking cool to another level.

Fame/Fortune/Indexer
                I'm not sure DDD has any interest in being a worker bee.
                From wikipedia: A worker bee is any female (eusocial) bee that lacks the full reproductive capacity of the colony's queen bee...

Now a drone on the other hand...
                Drones are male honey bees which are the product of an unfertilized egg. Unlike the female worker bee, drones do not have stingers and do not participate in nectar and pollen gathering. A drones' primary role is to mate with a fertile queen.

Comment

Drone me up, baby! especially if the queen bee is wearing leggings or yoga pants!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Our stake had an indexing goal of 1,000,000 names last year. We hit 1.3 million. We have a leaderboard on the stake website and it is like a game similar to what Uncle Ted suggested.
                    Holy crap... I found out recently that our stake did a grand total of 90,000 names last year. We suck. Personally I am waiting for the robots.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                      I'm not sure DDD has any interest in being a worker bee.
                      From wikipedia: A worker bee is any female (eusocial) bee that lacks the full reproductive capacity of the colony's queen bee...

Now a drone on the other hand...
                      Drones are male honey bees which are the product of an unfertilized egg. Unlike the female worker bee, drones do not have stingers and do not participate in nectar and pollen gathering. A drones' primary role is to mate with a fertile queen.
                      Yes, drones... the robots will do this indexing so I can work on the important stuff like fishing. But keep those robots away from my wife!
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Drone me up, baby! especially if the queen bee is wearing leggings or yoga pants!
                        Only he who does something is worthy to live. The world has no use for the drone.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Only he who does something is worthy to live. The world has no use for the drone.
                          I'm going to be busy making someone feel glad
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Have the anti-mo crowd put together a chart of futility yet? One that would show the impossible task laid before members of the church trying to baptize every soul that ever lived even as the population continues to expand at such a high rate? I would like to see some hard or even speculative data on the subject.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Have the anti-mo crowd put together a chart of futility yet? One that would show the impossible task laid before members of the church trying to baptize every soul that ever lived even as the population continues to expand at such a high rate? I would like to see some hard or even speculative data on the subject.
                              Exactly. That is why we need an army of robots doing the temple work. Can you imagine how much faster this could be done if the church would just turn this problem over to us engineers?
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                I did that once in a boring SS class a while back.

A large busy temple (like Provo) will have sessions every 20 minutes. Looking at the Provo schedule it looks like there are ~212 session per week. Lets say there are 30 temples who can operate with that type of schedule.

A small temple (like Columbia, SC) will have 16 or so sessions per week. Lets round that up to 20 sessions per week. That leaves 114 temples with 20 sessions per week.

Adding up the number of sessions brings us to 8640 sessions per week. I'll round it up to 9K.

Let's assume that each session has 50 people in them. That means in a week there are 450K ordinances performed.

There are ~1.1M deaths per week. So each week we're falling behind by ~650K people.

Comment

Working...
                                X