Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    :yikes:

With shelves empty, Dr Pepper says more soda is on the way

I wonder if this applies to Diet DP as well.

The missus has been without DP10 for quite a while now.

Comment

:yikes:

With shelves empty, Dr Pepper says more soda is on the way

I wonder if this applies to Diet DP as well.

Wait there is a national Dr. Pepper shortage? I think that goes into the silver linings thread, right?...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Wait there is a national Dr. Pepper shortage? I think that goes into the silver linings thread, right?...
        F you, we're done.

Comment

Uh oh.

New Zealand investigates potential virus link to freight shipments as lockdown restrictions return

The four new cases prompted Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to reimpose some lockdown restrictions on Wednesday, leading to long lines at grocery stores. Auckland residents can only leave their homes for essential trips, and must cover their faces with masks, scarves or other coverings when they do so. People in the rest of New Zealand are being told to maintain social distancing, wear masks in public whenever possible and avoid gatherings of more than 100 people.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Jacinda loves to take victory laps. I don't feel too bad for her when she puts the car into the wall because she was too busy egging on the crowd.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I expect we'll see more of this.

REI plans sale of unused eight-acre headquarters campus as the retailer embraces remote work

Outdoor retailer REI Co-op said Wednesday it plans to sell its newly finished corporate campus in Bellevue, Wash., another sign of how quickly the coronavirus pandemic is accelerating the shift to remote work and prompting a major impact on commercial real estate.

The retailer, which announced it was building the outdoor-friendly campus in 2016 and began construction in 2018, said in a statement that its headquarters would ultimately be made up of multiple “satellite” locations across the Seattle area and that it would “lean into remote working as an engrained, supported and normalized model” that could also allow employees to work outside the region.

“The dramatic events of 2020 have challenged us to reexamine and rethink every aspect of our business and many of the assumptions of the past. That includes where and how we work,” REI President and CEO Eric Artz said in a video call with employees, according to a company statement.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Or not: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/adob...ronavirus.html

Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen told CNBC on Tuesday that he believes there are inherent benefits to being in an office that widespread remote work cannot necessarily provide.

“Projects which are well underway, we’ve seen tremendous momentum continue, but when you’re trying to create a new project, you want people around that water cooler. You want that sense of urgency,” he said on “Squawk Alley.”

“I feel like productivity is impacted a little bit in that,” he added.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  Interesting. Google has told its people they can from home for the next year. I expect the size of brick and mortar facilities for tech firms will shrink moving forward as they move to more teleworking and in person collaboration is not seen as an everyday need.

Comment

boomers are dumbasses
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Our company is putting measures into place to keep people more accountable for their time. We have seen a big drop-off in productivity in a lot of areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        boomers are dumbasses
                        We are, but then we look at those who follow and feel a little better about ourselves.

Comment

• Not a big surprise.

Covid-19 surges back into nursing homes in coronavirus hot spots

The novel coronavirus is surging back into U.S. nursing homes, where it killed tens of thousands at the start of the pandemic and now once again threatens some of the people most vulnerable to covid-19, the disease caused by the virus.

The development is a discouraging result of widespread community transmission of the virus in many parts of the country and in hot spots where it is even less controlled. With staff — and in some cases patients and visitors — entering and leaving facilities, the community-acquired infection almost inevitably finds its way inside.

“The strongest predictor of whether or not we’ll see cases in [a particular setting] is community spread,” said David C. Grabowski, a professor of health care policy at Harvard Medical School, who studies long-term care. “We saw that in the Northeast and now, unfortunately, we’re seeing it in the Sun Belt states.”

Comment

That is the hot spot in my area. 1/3 of the nursing home residents tested positive thus far in the last week. 7% of the residents have died. Member of my ward is hospitalized.

Luckily it is a small facility, only 60 residents, so total numbers will be small, but it is representative of what is going on elsewhere.

Schools were planning on opening in person on Monday of next week. The county health officer changed that yesterday afternoon and now everyone is scrambling to adjust to what they have been planning for the last two months.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              boomers are dumbasses
                              Shut up - and get back in line behind me.

I guess the chart is why you drive cars till they wear out.

Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-16-2020, 12:52 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                Shut up - and get back in line behind me.

I guess the chart is why you drive cars till they wear out.

That's an interesting chart but really needs some sort of adjustment for the percent of total population the generation represents. Boomers are defined by a longer time period and were also (obviously) in a baby boom period. I would assume that when they were 35 and 40 they represented a larger proportion of the total population than Gen X at the same time period. I don't think the rankings would change, but they would be flattened somewhat, I would imagine.

Disclaimer: I am not a Boomer

Comment

Working...
                                X