Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    At this point I don't care if BYU goes back to a conference (I would prefer AAC over MWC), but help me understand how that would improve our coach candidate pool.
    This board has trouble distinguishing the HC (head coach) from the HC (honor code). A similar problem plagues y'alls favorite football team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      This board has trouble distinguishing the HC (head coach) from the HC (honor code). A similar problem plagues y'alls favorite football team.
      Is there anything more banal than a ute fan opining on the BYU honor code? I think not.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

At this point I don't care if BYU goes back to a conference (I would prefer AAC over MWC), but help me understand how that would improve our coach candidate pool.
        I don't think it would (I didn't make that clear.) I just think that our constraints make it too hard for us to be competitive nationally, which is what we need to be if we are independent. Without a possible national title to play for, the next best thing is being part of a conference where we play for conference title and renew old rivalries. I think the MWC has said they won't take us back, but I'd bet they change their mind given the chance. My preference is MWC just because the away games would be easier to attend, but any conference is better than no conference right now, imo.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Greg Wrubell tweeted something about the AAC pushing to be considered P6. I notice it because I thought it was interesting he was tweeting about AAC. Trial balloon?
          One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
          SU

Comment

• Greg Wrubell‏Verified account
            @gregwrubell
            Following Following @gregwrubell
            More
            American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco on @CSNowTweets this morning: "The 'P6' narrative is very important to us...we feel that we're closer to the P5 than we are the (other G5s)."
            7:54 AM - 28 Nov 2017
            One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
            SU

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Simple: easily understood. It seems plain to everyone that Ty was one of the biggest issues with our offensive woes this year. I hope so, and that replacing him is a simple or plain way to get things going in the right direction. I fear that history will show otherwise, and that this change made no difference. He's a pretty smart guy. I'm not buying the narrative that's being sold. While I love Sitake, I think Ty is the sacrificial lamb to give him more time to figure things out.

I think Mangum was a huge factor in the train wreck, coupled with the lack of productivity of our seniors on offense.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
              I think one of the big problems here is that yes, Ty is a sacrificial lamb for Sitake, but Ty is better suited as the SL for Tom Holmoe. I don't for a minute believe that Kalani chose Ty Detmer. It was more like, "Kalani, we will let you be the HC if Ty Detmer is your OC". Now I don't believe Sitake is blameless, but the guy who should be sweating IMO is Tom Holmoe. This was a calculated risk to bring in Ty, I understand, but I would hope that we would allow the HC to chose who his assistants are. The OC and the HC, especially at BYU need to be on the same page. I go back to the presser the staff held two years ago. Ty was up there mentioning the names of walk-ons, an NCAA violation. Right then and there, Kalani had to be pissing in his pants. Ty is smart, and I think could eventually become a good OC, but he was WAAAAAY too green for this. He was not the right hire to begin with...that lies on the shoulders of Tom Holmoe.

Comment

Is there anything more banal than a ute fan opining on the BYU honor code? I think not.
                My Ute BIL wanted to spend much of the past two days discussing what could be done about the honor code to help BYU be better (because he cares as a football fan!). I wasn't biting.

Comment

I was about to opine about the BYU honor code, but because you are so mean I will not.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    My Ute BIL wanted to spend much of the past two days discussing what could be done about the honor code to help BYU be better (because he cares as a football fan!). I wasn't biting.
                    His religion must be kindness.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                      Greg Wrubell tweeted something about the AAC pushing to be considered P6. I notice it because I thought it was interesting he was tweeting about AAC. Trial balloon?
                      It would be cool for basketball. And I would go to the BYU at SMU game every year.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 11-28-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        I was about to opine about the BYU honor code, but because you are so mean I will not.
                        yeah, besides that we don't care what a ute LDS apostate, once BYU student thinks about it anyway. And I say that in all sincerity, but not in a mean way.

Comment

Imagine 4 days at the inlaws, where they are all HUGE Ute fans (not huge enough to go to the game, mind you, but HUGE fans nonetheless). Never before during a 6-6 Ute season have the Ute fans been so eager to discuss BYU.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Imagine 4 days at the inlaws, where they are all HUGE Ute fans (not huge enough to go to the game, mind you, but HUGE fans nonetheless). Never before during a 6-6 Ute season have the Ute fans been so eager to discuss BYU.
                            It was like this during the Crowton years also as I remember, maybe worse. By the way, anyone who even comes close to suggesting Crowton come back as OC deserves to have their fan credentials yanked for life. There is a reason he was fired as OC at like a half dozen places after BYU, including SUU, of all places. Maybe someday Ty could figure out how to get the ideas in his head to translate into play on the field. Crowton has had many more years to figure that out and never could.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 11-28-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              you guys married in to shitty families
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                you guys married in to shitty families
                                Sheesh, no kidding. That would make me wanna
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X