Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    The connection between Schiano and Sandusky's abuse is basically non-existent. From USA Today:

It's pretty thin for anyone to claim that Schiano was involved and downright irresponsible to claim he had knowledge and covered it up.

EDIT: I'm not saying Moliere and Lebowski are making such claims; rather, they are likely relaying claims made by others.
    Yes, I’m relying on the WaPo article, which has a damning headline but is thin on substance. But most people only read headlines, so, sorry Greg Schiano.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d4bd00d6ebc4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Moliere; 11-26-2017, 05:11 PM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      The connection between Schiano and Sandusky's abuse is basically non-existent. From USA Today:

It's pretty thin for anyone to claim that Schiano was involved and downright irresponsible to claim he had knowledge and covered it up.

EDIT: I'm not saying Moliere and Lebowski are making such claims; rather, they are likely relaying claims made by others.
      That is quite a spin. Here is a different account:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...ocuments-show/

EDIT: Moliere beat me.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

No more free articles for me this month. Does the WaPo article mention anything more than a third hand recollection of a conversation recounted by McQueary in a deposition? The whole Penn State response to the scandal is repulsive to me to the point each win by the football team disgusts me. But I also am very uncomfortable with how quickly we convict people online.

Comment

Life comes at you fast...

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Just saw that UTSA OC Frank Scelfo fired after 2 seasons w/Roadrunners.

Comment

Here’s a better article on his involvement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.med...100-wrong/amp/
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                Here’s a better article on his involvement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.med...100-wrong/amp/
                Oh boy.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/loca...e85909067.html

https://deadspin.com/who-is-this-pat...ss-o-458987313

John Ziegler, of Camarillo, Calif., is an outspoken supporter of retired Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted of child sex abuse in 2012. He has been vehemently critical of the trial and the media coverage of the case.
                If the name John Ziegler doesn't register with you, enlighten yourself by reading the late David Foster Wallace's lengthy 2005 profile of him in The Atlantic. Ziegler, a former talk-radio host who's now a documentary filmmaker, has been making the media rounds the last couple of days because he recently interviewed Jerry Sandusky in prison. Ziegler does not believe Sandusky is innocent, but he does believe the convicted pedophile has some insight to offer that will absolve Joe Paterno and other Penn State officials of having allegedly covered for him. These media appearances have not gone well.

Let's first get this out of the way: Ziegler's two previous films alleged that the Clinton administration was responsible for 9/11 and that Barack Obama got elected in 2008 because the media were really mean to Sarah Palin. That ought to give you an idea of the sort of mind we're dealing with here, as should the fact that he and Palin are no longer on speaking terms. Ziegler and I have had a number of exchanges about the Penn State case since last summer, some cordial, some not, all of them conducted on his end with a paranoid and martyred air of lonely genius.
                Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 11-26-2017, 06:31 PM.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

*college football

Comment

Oops. I had no idea Mediate would be so biased. I should have known better.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Comment

Ok, so there is a nutcase in Schiano's corner. But I still haven't seen anything beyond that one line in one McQueary's depositions about Schiano knowing anything about the abuse, and McQuery never even talked to Schiano about it. Maybe he was a part of the cover up but what is out there certainly didn't prove it enough for him to be investigated and I'm having a hard time seeing that it justified an internet mob takedown.

Like I said the whole Penn State affair disgusts me but mob takedowns like this make me really uncomfortable when the target isn't clearly guilty. Is there info out there I'm missing?

Comment

I heard that Ziegler guy on Adam Carolla’s podcast about a year ago. I remember coming away with the impressions that 1) there are probably a lot of flimsy “facts” that fanned the flames for the internet outrage mob; and 2) that Ziegler guy might be the worst possible person to try to educate the public about the evidentiary holes in the story.
                          Last edited by Donuthole; 11-26-2017, 09:07 PM.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I'm really worried that Taggart ends up in America's most penis shaped state coaching soon.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Just saw that UTSA OC Frank Scelfo fired after 2 seasons w/Roadrunners.

That is huge news! The ripples from that decision are going to impact a ton of jobs throughout the country.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                I'm really worried that Taggart ends up in America's most penis shaped state coaching soon.
                                Bring back Bellotti!

Comment

Working...
                                X