The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    kirkland sig balls back in stock. i bought four dozen, but at my handicap i'm not sure i get much value from balls above a certain low standard. we'll see.
    Supposedly these are new old stock, which is good. Costco has a new ball that was recently added to the USGA conforming list, but it is not the one that has just hit stores. It might end up being a different ball altogether.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Before my first surgery (the one on my shattered arm) last August, I asked the doc if I'd ever play golf again and he said, "Probably, but not as well," without even knowing I wasn't that good to begin with, as many here will testify. But despite his skepticism, I set a post-accident goal of running in our school district's annual fun run (an April 15K), and of breaking 90 on the links, both within twelve months.

Two weeks ago I finished the 15K beating last year's time (just under a 10 min/mile, so let's not gush), and today I played golf for the first time since my last bike ride. I putted horribly (44 putts), but shot an 89--I was actually driving better than before the accident. Though neither feat is very noteworthy, I'm feeling very proud, thankful and happy. In part because of my wife's support, and because she is what she is, we're celebrating this evening by dining out and going to the temple.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Supposedly these are new old stock, which is good. Costco has a new ball that was recently added to the USGA conforming list, but it is not the one that has just hit stores. It might end up being a different ball altogether.
        still sitting in the boxes at my house
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Before my first surgery (the one on my shattered arm) last August, I asked the doc if I'd ever play golf again and he said, "Probably, but not as well," without even knowing I wasn't that good to begin with, as many here will testify. But despite his skepticism, I set a post-accident goal of running in our school district's annual fun run (an April 15K), and of breaking 90 on the links, both within twelve months.

Two weeks ago I finished the 15K beating last year's time (just under a 10 min/mile, so let's not gush), and today I played golf for the first time since my last bike ride. I putted horribly (44 putts), but shot an 89--I was actually driving better than before the accident. Though neither feat is very noteworthy, I'm feeling very proud, thankful and happy. In part because of my wife's support, and because she is what she is, we're celebrating this evening by dining out and going to the temple.
          Nice going PAC on the run and golf. It takes some work to be able to break 30 minutes for 3 miles and even a fair putting round puts has you breaking 80 on your round.

Comment

• I'm just trying to be like PAC.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• I used the K-Sig golf balls for the first time this weekend. For the price it is amazing! Just as long as a Prov1/Prov1X that I could tell, and feels great coming off the club. Maybe not quite as much spin into the greens, but not uncontrollable roll out either. For the money there probably isn't a better ball out there if you can find it in stock.
              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                I used the K-Sig golf balls for the first time this weekend. For the price it is amazing! Just as long as a Prov1/Prov1X that I could tell, and feels great coming off the club. Maybe not quite as much spin into the greens, but not uncontrollable roll out either. For the money there probably isn't a better ball out there if you can find it in stock.
                New or old stock k-sig?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I believe these to be the old stock, but I am not sure. The boxes look identical to the older ones I have seen. But I just ordered these a couple weeks ago when they became available again, so honestly I couldn't tell you of they are the old or new USGA conforming ones.
                  "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Adidas has entered into a deal to sell Taylormade, Adams and Ashworth to a new entity formed by KPS Capital Partners, LP. Looks like the deal is worth $425M, half cash, half "other."

In other news, Taylormade signed Rory to a big 14-club + ball equipment deal yesterday that is rumored to be worth up to a quarter of the sales price of TM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

"other."
                      rollover equity probs

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        rollover equity probs
                        or assumption of debt
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Adidas has entered into a deal to sell Taylormade, Adams and Ashworth to a new entity formed by KPS Capital Partners, LP. Looks like the deal is worth $425M, half cash, half "other."

In other news, Taylormade signed Rory to a big 14-club + ball equipment deal yesterday that is rumored to be worth up to a quarter of the sales price of TM.
                          I was thinking a couple of the top golf guys have to have close to the kind of scratch needed to make a deal like this. Would've been cool to see Lefty or Tiger buy Taylormade and start putting out a signature club.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• So will Rory be golfing TM while rocking Nike apparel a la Jason Day?
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              So will Rory be golfing TM while rocking Nike apparel a la Jason Day?
                              Yep. He recently extended his Nike deal.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• half of the t10 playing taylormade right now: dj, rory, jason day, justin rose, sergio,

Comment

Working...
                                X