2017 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It was a regularly scheduled ward prayer on Sunday evening. He noticed that the game was going long and there would be a conflict so he blasted a text to the entire ward telling them that ward prayer was cancelled.
    what is the point of those ward prayers? Is it to get kids into church again or is it for building fellowship/social purposes?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      sounds like you were the real pusey, am i right?
      I should totally look him up and send him a pic of me watching the superbowl, with the caption, 'who's the Pusey now, huh?'

That would be a totally sick burn.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        what is the point of those ward prayers? Is it to get kids into church again or is it for building fellowship/social purposes?
        Just a short get-together in the dorm activity room for 15-20 minutes to end the sabbath on a positive note. Recognize birthdays, mission calls, intro new people, etc. followed by a short hymn, thought, prayer. Then they sit around and socialize. Casual dress. We get great attendance.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I distinctly recall the only purpose those prayers served when I was school. The opportunity to see some of the girls in their pajamas. Considering it was the late 80s and baggy sweaters and multiple layers was the prevailing style, that was like seeing an ankle or shoulder in Victorian times

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            It was a regularly scheduled ward prayer on Sunday evening. He noticed that the game was going long and there would be a conflict so he blasted a text to the entire ward telling them that ward prayer was cancelled.
            I award 7 out of 11 points. It should have been cancelled well in advance, but the act of cancelling keeps him above the 5.5 mid point threshold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Moliere; 01-26-2018, 04:59 PM.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Chiefs send Alex Smith to the Redskins.

Smith extends his contact right away. 4 years $94M of which $71M is guaranteed.
              Last edited by falafel; 01-30-2018, 08:37 PM.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Was there every any doubt?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    You've got it all wrong. They needed to spend a bunch more time preparing additional TD celebrations.

Unfortunately, curling was probably the ONLY TD celebration that they practiced. So, once they broke it out - it just never occurred to them that maybe they should have had additional celebrations prepared in case they scored again.

And at that point they determined that it would've been embarrassing to score and then not have another cool celebration prepared.

They were just stuck.
                    Not sure how I missed this earlier, but you may be on to something. They should have consulted with T.O. to get a variety of celebrations in their repertoire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Absolutely hammering Pats -5. That’s an entire bankroll bet for me.
                      I agree with this. The Pats are going to win big.

Last week was an aberration — we are going to see the real Nick Foles this week and he isn’t very good.

Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

• Ha. “Kyle Van Noy. Brigham.”

Love that!

Comment

• Let's do this.

DVONueMXkAEpACk.jpg-large.jpg
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Come on Eagles!

Comment

• Would love to see someone earhole gronk. Loved seeing him get lit up 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Lots of sloppy play here... reminds me of the cowboys.
                                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 02-04-2018, 04:20 PM.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X