X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    He said, "I can think of at least one that was larger."

You assume he said, "MMM was the largest."
    His real point wasn't to show there were larger mass shootings than last night (he had even more horrific examples at his disposal), but rather to seize the opportunity to take another shot at the Church. He and SU could perform a Carnegie Hall-worthy Vuvuzela Duet in F#, or whatever note it is those things emit.

Comment

Didn't we go over this when the Orlando shooting was the deadliest in history?

I had forgot about the vuvuzela. Very apropos here.

Comment

if only a responsible ccw permit holder had been at the concert, they could have used their .380 with four shots to defend the crowd against full auto fire from a fortified position 350 feet in the air and 500 yards away
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Scroll up and read. There's nothing to argue about here. I don't like telling PAC that he's wrong any more than the next guy, but in this instance, he's arguing against a point that no one is making.
          Also, I would dispute whether this is truly the deadliest mass shooting in US History. I can think of at least one that was larger--not too far from Vegas.
          Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was referring to MMM...
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            if only a responsible ccw permit holder had been at the concert, they could have used their .380 with four shots to defend the crowd against full auto fire from a fortified position 350 feet in the air and 500 yards away
            if only

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Guns are just a facilitator in a larger societal problem. Mass murder is a problem that appears unique to our culture. I'm talking about mentally unstable, not ideological, driven events. I'm not sure how we got here, nor do I have any ideas about how to stop it. It seems that people who want to check out, sometimes want to do it in a blaze of glory, and while guns have been the preferred method, I think it would continue even in their absence. This whole thing sucks, and I feel for the families of those involved.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was referring to MMM...
                Of course he was referencing MMM. The assumption was largest as opposed to larger.
                Last edited by Green Monstah; 10-02-2017, 09:46 AM.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

OK. I will concede that MMM wasn't really that bad and shouldn't be mentioned. You guys win.

Guns are the biggest part of problem. Can't do this sort of thing without a big gun that should be illegal.

Crazy people will always be there. Big guns can go away.

Comment

Of course he was referencing MMM.

What are you arguing about then?
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

What are you arguing about then?
                      largest vs. larger

Seems clear on its face.

You fell victim to the same assumption, apparently.

Comment

Trump will be here on Wednesday. Which means it's going to be even more of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          Guns are just a facilitator in a larger societal problem. Mass murder is a problem that appears unique to our culture. I'm talking about mentally unstable, not ideological, driven events. I'm not sure how we got here, nor do I have any ideas about how to stop it. It seems that people who want to check out, sometimes want to do it in a blaze of glory, and while guns have been the preferred method, I think it would continue even in their absence. This whole thing sucks, and I feel for the families of those involved.
                          you're right, this guy also could have thrown knives out of the hotel window and killed 50/wounded 500+.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                            Trump will be here on Wednesday. Which means it's going to be even more of a mess.
                            How long until he starts taking shots at Democratic leadership in Nevada? Dude is such an ass clown.

Comment

I will also concede that mentioning MMM on a Mormon message board is about as smart as mentioning 9/11 on an Afghan message board.

MMM was a long time ago and very different so we can all just forget about it and focus on vegas. Sorry.

Comment

For people in the area:

At this time, we are told that the community needs blood donations for the injured. If you are in the area, please go to (1) Labor Health & Welfare Clinic on 7135 W. Sahara Avenue, (2) the United Blood Center at 6930 West Charleston, and (3) at 601 Whitney Ranch Drive in Henderson.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X