2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Kalani basically said that’s not going to happen. Spencer Linton suggested the same thing. And Kalani said “yeah we are just trying to win the game” he also said Tanner has been hurt the last few weeks.
    I can't believe he is not willing to coach based on fan suggestions.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Tanner already played in way too many games this season. No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Tanner already played in way too many games this season. No thanks.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Has there been any talk of a bowl bid? Has Holmoe been approached by anyone? Ordinarily, the idea of a 6-6 team going to a bowl would be of no interest at all. But it'd be nice if Wunderkind Wilson and the other freshmen got in a couple of weeks of additional practice and bowl experience, even if it's a lame one.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Has there been any talk of a bowl bid? Has Holmoe been approached by anyone? Ordinarily, the idea of a 6-6 team going to a bowl would be of no interest at all. But it'd be nice if Wunderkind Wilson and the other freshmen got in a couple of weeks of additional practice and bowl experience, even if it's a lame one.
            I have heard nothing. I will be more interested in a bowl if Isaiah Kaufusi is available. If not, I think we may be better off without the exposure the bowl would provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Has there been any talk of a bowl bid? Has Holmoe been approached by anyone? Ordinarily, the idea of a 6-6 team going to a bowl would be of no interest at all. But it'd be nice if Wunderkind Wilson and the other freshmen got in a couple of weeks of additional practice and bowl experience, even if it's a lame one.
              Nothing from BYU. There are multiple bowl projections out there. The one I looked at earlier (Jerry Palm, I think) had BYU in a Cougar catfight against Houston in the Frisco Bowl.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I think the story when the bowl in San Diego that we had signed to play in went under was that ESPN committed to find us a bowl if we qualified. They own a few of those, which makes it easier to pull off. There will be several aligned with conferences that don't have enough teams, and we'd be more attractive than a MAC or Sunbelt team for one of those slots. The added game and practice time for Wilson and others would be a good thing, if nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  I think the story when the bowl in San Diego that we had signed to play in went under was that ESPN committed to find us a bowl if we qualified. They own a few of those, which makes it easier to pull off. There will be several aligned with conferences that don't have enough teams, and we'd be more attractive than a MAC or Sunbelt team for one of those slots. The added game and practice time for Wilson and others would be a good thing, if nothing else.
                  ESPN is contractually obligated to put us in a bowl if we are bowl eligible. The ESPN guy on Criddle's show yesterday said so. Like you said we will likely end up in any number of bowls ESPN owns.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Apparently it's going to be the Gasparilla bowl against either an ACC or AAC team. Because God hates BYU fans it will probably be BYU v Virginia.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      Apparently it's going to be the Gasparilla bowl against either an ACC or AAC team. Because God hates BYU fans it will probably be BYU v Virginia.
                      Is this the old Beef O'Brady's bowl? I'd feel better if we were going to the Chunky Soup Bowl. At least there's some name recognition and a connection with football.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Is this the old Beef O'Brady's bowl? I'd feel better if we were going to the Chunky Soup Bowl. At least there's some name recognition and a connection with football.
                        It could have been. If this is in the Tampa area, I think it's the old St Peterburg bowl. But these crappy bowls always change names.

Comment

• Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Western Michigan.

Comment

• blue turf is like groundhog day. this timeline sucks.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Sigh
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Maybe now we can finally get a win against the Broncos on the blue.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X