No announcement yet.

BYU hoops for 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jay Drew retract that rumor about Carlino possibly transferring? I don't see it in the article referenced.
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

• Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
      Did Jay Drew retract that rumor about Carlino possibly transferring? I don't see it in the article referenced.
      Looks like he edited it out.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm astonished there's no thread about tonight's game against 1-14 LMU. Kaufusi has played surprisingly well, despite shooting a nasty airball from the FT line. It was interesting to see Rose's former teammate, Clyde Drexler, in the stands watching his son ride pine.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I'm astonished there's no thread about tonight's game against 1-14 LMU. Kaufusi has played surprisingly well, despite shooting a nasty airball from the FT line. It was interesting to see Rose's former teammate, Clyde Drexler, in the stands watching his son ride pine.
          This has been a terrible game to watch. These refs have a lot to do with that. Foul after foul.

Good crowd there though. Pretty funny that there are enough BYU fans to hear the left right chant with the LMU players fouling out.

Also, Drexler's son is balding just like his dad. Poor kid.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            This has been a terrible game to watch. These refs have a lot to do with that. Foul after foul.

Good crowd there though. Pretty funny that there are enough BYU fans to hear the left right chant with the LMU players fouling out.

Also, Drexler's son is balding just like his dad. Poor kid.
            Truly an ugly game, and Carlino's nine turnovers aren't helping. But it's a win. Now if BYU can just go on a nine-game win streak... Actually, I'd be very happy with four more wins so Rose can get another 25-win season. No?

Do NIT wins count toward a coach's total? I would assume so, so Rose has a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Do NIT wins count toward a coach's total? I would assume so, so Rose has a chance.
              Yes they do.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Yeah did you hear that the BYU fans were chanting BYU with the LMU fans interposing "SUCKS!" just like road fans do at BYU home games? That was also funny.

Very sloppy and painful game to watch. I love Dave Rose but gotta admit I don't understand some of his decisions this season: not sure why he stopped playing Josh Sharp and still don't understand why we would ever play zone defense against a team like LMU that is so inferior athletically.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Yeah did you hear that the BYU fans were chanting BYU with the LMU fans interposing "SUCKS!" just like road fans do at BYU home games? That was also funny.

Very sloppy and painful game to watch. I love Dave Rose but gotta admit I don't understand some of his decisions this season: not sure why he stopped playing Josh Sharp and still don't understand why we would ever play zone defense against a team like LMU that is so inferior athletically.
                  I'm having serious Dave Rose doubts after watching our defense this year. Not his best job this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    I'm having serious Dave Rose doubts
                    Unknown.jpeg
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Good crowd? When they panned the whole arena, the whole upper bench area was empty. It looked maybe half full.

Comment

I'm having serious Dave Rose doubts after watching our defense this year. Not his best job this year.
                        I agree with you, but over on the gonzaga board the other night they were going on and on about how ours was the best zone defense that they have played all year. I will say that those posts were tough to find among all of the posts demanding that kaufusi be arrested for assault and battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Good crowd? When they panned the whole arena, the whole upper bench area was empty. It looked maybe half full.
                          I thought the same thing. We were actually laughing at how pathetic it was that even in a gym that size it was still less than half full. Maybe surfah was saying it was a good BYU crowd compared to the number of LMU fans there?

Comment

I'm giving him a pass due to the lack of talent. Haws, Davies, and erratic Carlino. After that, this team is awful with almost no potential for improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              I'm giving him a pass due to the lack of talent. Haws, Davies, and erratic Carlino. After that, this team is awful with almost no potential for improvement.
                              Agree. But I just don't understand why our D is so bad.

Comment

Agree. But I just don't understand why our D is so bad.
                                If you're upset that we don't play more man, then I'm just taking a guess, and I think it's a personnel issue. We aren't going to lock down opposing wings with Zylstra, Cusick, etc. Carlino is physically talented enough, but tends to freelance. Winder, for whatever reason, can't get consistent minutes. Delgado (I'm the biggest Delgado guy around here) can't even get a sniff. Haws is a solid but unspectacular defender.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X