2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Spring ball has been going for a while now, so let's get this thread going.

Sounds like Zach Wilson is impressing at QB.

Everyone saying practices are more intense and there's more discipline and leadership and yada yada yada

Oh and Dylan Collie just announced he is officially coming to BYU

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    l2k8h.jpg
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Spring ball has been going for a while now, so let's get this thread going.

Sounds like Zach Wilson is impressing at QB.

Everyone saying practices are more intense and there's more discipline and leadership and yada yada yada

But is the locker room clean

Comment

Met Wilson. Nice kid.

Comment

Looks like Mike Leach, in a savvy move, speaks to the institute in Pullman as he looks to make a run at Kalani's spot should things go south this year...

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Or maybe the Lord is making a run at Mike Leach because things are about to go south this year...
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Looks like Mike Leach, in a savvy move, speaks to the institute in Pullman as he looks to make a run at Kalani's spot should things go south this year...

i imagine the content resembled that speech at ttu after they lost to baylor. “you didn’t make that f***** catch, michael crabtree made that f***** catch”
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I was able to attend a spring practice this past week. Zach Wilson is the real deal. Looked really good the whole time and one of the series he had was amazing. Was throwing darts on target even with some major pressure. On one play, he juked a defensive lineman that had broken free and delivered a strike to a receiver in stride. Don't recall seeing him make any major mistakes on any of his series. Critchlow looked decent and threw a nice bomb. Hoge had a mixed outing -- some good, some poor plays. Had some dumb plays and Grimes yanked him. Max Hall was in town and said he loved the new offense. Don't be surprised if Mangum transfers. Might stay, but also a real chance he goes. Probably best for all if he does at this point. Pugh is super intense.

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                  I was able to attend a spring practice this past week. Zach Wilson is the real deal. Looked really good the whole time and one of the series he had was amazing. Was throwing darts on target even with some major pressure. On one play, he juked a defensive lineman that had broken free and delivered a strike to a receiver in stride. Don't recall seeing him make any major mistakes on any of his series. Critchlow looked decent and threw a nice bomb. Hoge had a mixed outing -- some good, some poor plays. Had some dumb plays and Grimes yanked him. Max Hall was in town and said he loved the new offense. Don't be surprised if Mangum transfers. Might stay, but also a real chance he goes. Probably best for all if he does at this point. Pugh is super intense.
                  Good write-up. Thanks for posting.

Surprised to hear that about Tanner. It makes sense, but just something I hadn't really considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                    I haven't been paying close enough attention. Why would Tanner transfer? Is he not an obvious starter this fall if his recovery goes well?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      I haven't been paying close enough attention. Why would Tanner transfer? Is he not an obvious starter this fall if his recovery goes well?
                      Tanner has NFL aspirations. If he can't secure QB1 spot, he may look to another school where he can sit a year and start.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        No he was awful last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Tanner has NFL aspirations. If he can't secure QB1 spot, he may look to another school where he can sit a year and start.
                          That's funny.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

to everybody laughing, let me remind you that jake heaps has been able to sign more than one short term nfl deal
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              to everybody laughing, let me remind you that jake heaps has been able to sign more than one short term nfl deal
                              Clearly none of these NFL contracts were premised on his stellar QB1 years at KU and the U. So I think we are safe to keep laughing.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X