The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    This just showed up last week. I've watched a couple time so far. Such a great movie. Last night I watched a lot of it with close captioning on, there are so many small lines, I hadn't noticed before. After the Billy Batts shinebox scene - Jimmy complaining Batts "dented my shoes" and Tommy biggest worry is that he got blood on the floor. What a great movie.
    Agreed. Easily in my top 5 all-time.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Agreed. Easily in my top 5 all-time.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I bought this a couple months ago on Amazon to watch at work. Of course I watched it again when I saw it was on Netflix.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I finished Babylon Berlin and the show had an incredible final two episodes. The show has Soviets, Trotskyites, German communists, proto-nationalists, corrupt police and organized crime jostling for position within the Weimar Republic era Berlin.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I started out liking Black Mirror, but they're starting to feel like average Twilight Zone episodes that drag on too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              I started out liking Black Mirror, but they're starting to feel like average Twilight Zone episodes that drag on too long.
              Yep the quality of the episodes is so variable. Some of them are so amazing and thought-provoking that I think about them for months. Others are just weird and painful to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Yep the quality of the episodes is so variable. Some of them are so amazing and thought-provoking that I think about them for months. Others are just weird and painful to watch.
                What are your favorites?

Comment

• Cinema Paradiso has been on Netflix since 1/1 (according to instantwatcher). Re-watched it last night... had not seen it since my wife and I saw it for a date back at the BYU IC in '91. Great film. Great music.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    Cinema Paradiso has been on Netflix since 1/1 (according to instantwatcher). Re-watched it last night... had not seen it since my wife and I saw it for a date back at the BYU IC in '91. Great film. Great music.
                    "film"? i thought you were a man of the people
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      "film"? i thought you were a man of the people
                      People buy Korean cars; people are dumb.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        What are your favorites?
                        San Junipero, Nosedive (since I get scored out of 5 stars after every patient interaction that one hit home), The Entire History Of You, USS Callister, and Be Right Back are great.

The very first episode with the British PM blackmailed is probably my least favorite of the whole thing, along with the one where the bear was elected to office.

Comment

People buy Korean cars; people are dumb.
                          Mmmmm.... kimchi.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Cinema Paradiso has been on Netflix since 1/1 (according to instantwatcher). Re-watched it last night... had not seen it since my wife and I saw it for a date back at the BYU IC in '91. Great film. Great music.
                            Love that movie. The theme music is timeless. I've actually only ever seen the theatrical version. Not sure whether I ever want to see the Director's Cut -- I fear it would fill in gaps better left open-ended.

Comment

• The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale is worth watching.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale is worth watching.
                                I watched a couple of episodes last night. Just as good as The Soup, with more swears. I agree, its funny.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X