Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Jaylen Warren, maybe?
    He is the guy if he could make grades. Doesn't look good. He may need the entire summer to graduate.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      He is the guy if he could make grades. Doesn't look good. He may need the entire summer to graduate.
      Rumors in high school were that he was ineligible but Matich finagled his way on the field during the season. Not sure how much of that is true vs. sour grapes.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Rumors in high school were that he was ineligible but Matich finagled his way on the field during the season. Not sure how much of that is true vs. sour grapes.
        seems like something matich would do.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          seems like something matich would do.
          what a piece of shit that guy is
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

2nd signing day is tomorrow. Recap and update of who BYU has

QB Jacob Conover. He had offers from: Alabama, Arizona State, Memphis, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Nevada, Arizona, USU, South Carolina, Wazzu

OL Eli Unutao: Hawaii, Cal, Colorado State, Fresno State,

OL Brock Gunderson: North Texas, USU, UTEP, Purdue, Army, Air Force, UNLV, New Mexico

OL Blake Freeland: Utah, Vanderbilt

DB Caleb Christensen: SUU, Dixie

DL/LB Michael Daley: Air Force, UNLV

DB Eric Ellison: UNLV, Wazzu

WR Chase Roberts: Utah, USU

WR Keanu Hill: Wyoming

DB George Udo: Sac State, San Diego, UC Davis

DL Brooks Maile: Utah State

TE Ethan Erickson: Utah State, Navy

OL/DL Bruce Mitchell:

TE/DL Carter Wheat:

All signed in December

Committed to sign tomorrow:

QB/ATH/WR Luc Andrada: Air Force

DL: Cade Albright: Utah, UCLA, Utah State

TE/OL Trey Anderson: Eastern Washington, Weber State

DB Dimitri Gallow: UNLV, Purdue

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              2nd signing day is tomorrow. Recap and update of who BYU has

QB Jacob Conover. He had offers from: Alabama, Arizona State, Memphis, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Nevada, Arizona, USU, South Carolina, Wazzu

OL Eli Unutao: Hawaii, Cal, Colorado State, Fresno State,

OL Brock Gunderson: North Texas, USU, UTEP, Purdue, Army, Air Force, UNLV, New Mexico

OL Blake Freeland: Utah, Vanderbilt

DB Caleb Christensen: SUU, Dixie

DL/LB Michael Daley: Air Force, UNLV

DB Eric Ellison: UNLV, Wazzu

WR Chase Roberts: Utah, USU

WR Keanu Hill: Wyoming

DB George Udo: Sac State, San Diego, UC Davis

DL Brooks Maile: Utah State

TE Ethan Erickson: Utah State, Navy

OL/DL Bruce Mitchell:

TE/DL Carter Wheat:

All signed in December

Committed to sign tomorrow:

QB/ATH/WR Luc Andrada: Air Force

DL: Cade Albright: Utah, UCLA, Utah State

TE/OL Trey Anderson: Eastern Washington, Weber State

DB Dimitri Gallow: UNLV, Purdue
              Suck it Utah!

What's the story on Conover?
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Suck it Utah!

What's the story on Conover?
                Mission first kid out of Arizona. 4 Star.

Comment

I'm a terrible person, but this tweet:

Reminded me of this (for some reason):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HHjLiRmyzw
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Reminded me of this (for some reason):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HHjLiRmyzw
                    Has he put out a follow-up video? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      It's been a good while, but I'm fairly certain he was really embarassed and took it down. Some Aggie fans got a hold of it and reposted to Youtube (I think).
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        So he says he’s going on a mission on behalf of “The Church of Jesus’s Christ.” Interesting concept. Very meta.

Comment

This class leaves a lot to be desired.

1. Conover is the jewel of the class. 4 star qb who could have gone anywhere in the country. I think he is followed closely by Cade Albright, he is another mission first kid and needs to put on serious weight. Played last year at 6'5 220. But he lead all of Socal in sacks with 21.5. Had offers from 10 P5s including NEbraska, Notre Dame, and UCLA. Between Albright and Michael Daley you have 50 combined sacks their senior seasons.

2. We didn't land any RBs we were hoping for, so we took a flier on Javelle Brown. He played all over the field in high school. Rushed for about 600 yards on 8.4 ypc, also had 500 receiving. Played safety and corner. I think we start him at RB but he ends up playing defense. Luc Andrada is another kid who might get some time at RB. He is a speedster, 10.65 100m, also top 20 nationally in the 60. He played qb in high school but will be a RB/Slot at BYU.

3. Other than that, it is very much a mixed bag. Chase Roberts was great get but again mission first kid. George Udo is a total project but could end up being ok. Brooks Maile, Bruce Mitchell, and Brock Gunderson all have to gain weight and get bigger before they impact the game.

4. We did add more tight end depth with Ethan Erickson, Trey Anderson and Carter Wheat. Although I think Anderson moves to O-line. Returning from missions are Isaac Rex, Alema Pilimai, and Donovan Hanna. All of these guys are in the 6'4-6'6 range and 220-245 pounds. Bronco loved recruiting that body type as they can play tight end, D-end, OLB or even O-tackle (like Braden Brown did). Seems Kalani has followed that same model.

5. PWOs, BYU signed 14 of them. I don't hate them taking a flyer on a few kids, it worked last year with Dax Milne. All the PWOs BYU signed are about 5'11 180 and pasty white. Ethan Slade put up big numbers at Orem (12 ints last year) but doesn't look all that impressive on tape. Jake Jensen the qb from PG was about the 5th best qb in Utah County last year. They did land two Rbs who are PWOs- Alex Meza who rushed for 1,000 yards in JC ball last year, and Bailey Sulzer a running back from West Valley High in California. I actually think Sulzer could be a surprise. He ran for 2,000 yards and 30 tds (7.4 ypc) last year along with 150 tackles and 17 tfls. He is lds and heading on a mission first (already has his call to Oregon). He is the type of kid that is worth a PWO for sure.

6. The misses-
                          Cooper Legas- I don't think he is a huge miss as a qb prospect, and BYU barely offered a week ago. But he is a good athlete and we lost a head to head matchup with Utah State, which is never ok.
                          Alphonzo Andrews- would have helped our running back depth yet he chose Wyoming
                          Aidan Robbins- Another big RB, not sure if we really had a shot at him but we did get him to at least trip
                          Thomas Grayson, DeShawn Collins, Christian Hunter- All RBs that BYU offered who ended up getting last minute P5 offers and spurned BYU.
                          Puka Nacua- obviously this is a huge loss. He has yet to sign but I think he ends up at UW
                          Logan Sagapolu- local kid who ends up leaving the state for Oregon
                          Simote Pepa- Bingham kid, chose Utah
                          Mase Funa- 4 star recruit who chose Oregon (his brother is at BYU)
                          Lolani Langi and Junior Tafuna- 2 more 3 star kids from Bingham, chose Boise and Utah over BYU.
                          Tasili Fiatoa- has been committed to BYU for 3 years, some say he lost his schollie. Not really sure but he picked Navy.

Lots of big name LDS kids with BYU ties that we didn't even get a sniff from. Henry To'oto (Ten), Siaki Ika (decommitted over a year ago,LSU), Sione Vaki (Utah), Miki Ah You (UW), Faatui Tuitele (UW), Suaava Poti (Oregon, HFN get your ducks off our recruits), Troy Fautanu (UW), Enokk Vimahi (Ohio State), George Holani (Boise State).
                          *Banned*

Comment

This class leaves a lot to be desired.

1. Conover is the jewel of the class. 4 star qb who could have gone anywhere in the country. I think he is followed closely by Cade Albright, he is another mission first kid and needs to put on serious weight. Played last year at 6'5 220. But he lead all of Socal in sacks with 21.5. Had offers from 10 P5s including NEbraska, Notre Dame, and UCLA. Between Albright and Michael Daley you have 50 combined sacks their senior seasons.

2. We didn't land any RBs we were hoping for, so we took a flier on Javelle Brown. He played all over the field in high school. Rushed for about 600 yards on 8.4 ypc, also had 500 receiving. Played safety and corner. I think we start him at RB but he ends up playing defense. Luc Andrada is another kid who might get some time at RB. He is a speedster, 10.65 100m, also top 20 nationally in the 60. He played qb in high school but will be a RB/Slot at BYU.

3. Other than that, it is very much a mixed bag. Chase Roberts was great get but again mission first kid. George Udo is a total project but could end up being ok. Brooks Maile, Bruce Mitchell, and Brock Gunderson all have to gain weight and get bigger before they impact the game.

4. We did add more tight end depth with Ethan Erickson, Trey Anderson and Carter Wheat. Although I think Anderson moves to O-line. Returning from missions are Isaac Rex, Alema Pilimai, and Donovan Hanna. All of these guys are in the 6'4-6'6 range and 220-245 pounds. Bronco loved recruiting that body type as they can play tight end, D-end, OLB or even O-tackle (like Braden Brown did). Seems Kalani has followed that same model.

5. PWOs, BYU signed 14 of them. I don't hate them taking a flyer on a few kids, it worked last year with Dax Milne. All the PWOs BYU signed are about 5'11 180 and pasty white. Ethan Slade put up big numbers at Orem (12 ints last year) but doesn't look all that impressive on tape. Jake Jensen the qb from PG was about the 5th best qb in Utah County last year. They did land two Rbs who are PWOs- Alex Meza who rushed for 1,000 yards in JC ball last year, and Bailey Sulzer a running back from West Valley High in California. I actually think Sulzer could be a surprise. He ran for 2,000 yards and 30 tds (7.4 ypc) last year along with 150 tackles and 17 tfls. He is lds and heading on a mission first (already has his call to Oregon). He is the type of kid that is worth a PWO for sure.

6. The misses-
                            Cooper Legas- I don't think he is a huge miss as a qb prospect, and BYU barely offered a week ago. But he is a good athlete and we lost a head to head matchup with Utah State, which is never ok.
                            Alphonzo Andrews- would have helped our running back depth yet he chose Wyoming
                            Aidan Robbins- Another big RB, not sure if we really had a shot at him but we did get him to at least trip
                            Thomas Grayson, DeShawn Collins, Christian Hunter- All RBs that BYU offered who ended up getting last minute P5 offers and spurned BYU.
                            Puka Nacua- obviously this is a huge loss. He has yet to sign but I think he ends up at UW
                            Logan Sagapolu- local kid who ends up leaving the state for Oregon
                            Simote Pepa- Bingham kid, chose Utah
                            Mase Funa- 4 star recruit who chose Oregon (his brother is at BYU)
                            Lolani Langi and Junior Tafuna- 2 more 3 star kids from Bingham, chose Boise and Utah over BYU.
                            Tasili Fiatoa- has been committed to BYU for 3 years, some say he lost his schollie. Not really sure but he picked Navy.

Lots of big name LDS kids with BYU ties that we didn't even get a sniff from. Henry To'oto (Ten), Siaki Ika (decommitted over a year ago,LSU), Sione Vaki (Utah), Miki Ah You (UW), Faatui Tuitele (UW), Suaava Poti (Oregon, HFN get your ducks off our recruits), Troy Fautanu (UW), Enokk Vimahi (Ohio State), George Holani (Boise State).
                            I don't really follow recruiting much, but do we have any returning missionaries that would bolster the effect of the incoming class? That is the weird thing about BYU signing day, is that half of those who sign we won't see for a couple years and they are replaced by those we haven't thought about for a couple years.
                            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Bailey Sulzer a running back from West Valley High in California. I actually think Sulzer could be a surprise. He ran for 2,000 yards and 30 tds (7.4 ypc) last year along with 150 tackles and 17 tfls. He is lds and heading on a mission first (already has his call to Oregon). He is the type of kid that is worth a PWO for sure.
                              Sulzer is a family friend of mine and Steelblue. Left on his mission yesterday. He was a stud in HS and could develop into a nice player. I'm not sure which position he will play. He was more dominant as a RB, but certainly has the build for a LB. Ran a sub :25 200m, which isn't blazing, but is quite good for a guy his size. Was also a decent pole vaulter, going 12'8" his senior year. And he's a heck of a nice kid.

Comment

Yeah, Sulzer was probably underrated based on his competition but the way he dominated out here was consistent with others from the area who've gone on to D1 success.

Comment

Working...
                                X