• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    the prostitutes.
    Potential Mattress Firm slogans:

Beds and Broads
    Firm mattresses for firm customers
    No motel necessary

Surely the rest of you can do better than these meager offerings...
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Potential Mattress Firm slogans:

Beds and Broads
      Firm mattresses for firm customers
      No motel necessary

Surely the rest of you can do better than these meager offerings...
      Maybe time for another children's book?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Maybe time for another children's book?
        I don't think that slogan is any better than my earlier offerings.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The rumor started on Reddit. It must be true.

I just bought a Leesa. I looked into Purple and other online mattresses, but from what I could see Leesa got the best reviews. I bought a foundation also, which just came today. Still waiting for the mattress though.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

There's also a thread "Oh my back" with mattress advice. I bought a Brooklyn Bedding and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
              We have a Purple mattress. Love it. I've had lower back and knee soreness, along with headaches a few times a week, for the last couple of years. Purchased a Purple mattress in September 2017 and have loved it. No aches or pain. No more morning headaches. It took about a week for my body to get used to it, but I sleep like a log now.
              Same with me

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Shopping area near where I work. There are two stores a solid 3-wood away from each other.

5B43E162-17CB-438E-8B6C-609188F4DBD8.jpg
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  The rumor started on Reddit. It must be true.

I just bought a Leesa. I looked into Purple and other online mattresses, but from what I could see Leesa got the best reviews. I bought a foundation also, which just came today. Still waiting for the mattress though.
                  So the mattress came yesterday. I probably could have done without the foundation, but it looks sharp and wasn't that expensive. It was put together easily. I wanted to get the mattress up and ready for when Mrs. NWC came home, but the instructions said make sure to have someone video the opening, because it is apparently cool to watch. So we waited until everyone was home. We put the wrapped up mattress on the foundation, cut the plastic, and....it unfolded and laid out in a few seconds. Meh. Yeah, I won't be posting the video with #Leesa anytime soon.

Anyways, it is a firm mattress, but still comfortable. People online warned that the first night wouldn't be great, but then we would get used to it quickly. I think both of us woke up a few times. But it was good for my back and neck. We will see. We now have 99 days to make the final decision.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    I wanted to get the mattress up and ready for when Mrs. NWC came home
                    congrats on the sex!
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      congrats on the sex!
                      Thanks, bro, but no need for the congrats. It's still a regular enough occurrence that I don't have to do elaborate planning like someone of PAC's age.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

It actually took about a week for me to sleep through the night, and another week for mrs. NWC. I like it, not love it. I’ll see how this next month goes. 85 days to go.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Still digging my Costco Stearns and Foster... after about 70 nights... I flip and turn the mattress with every sheet change. Super easy.

I guess this is how you get 20,000 plus posts... jump in and comment on any little thing.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

A lot of these memory foam mattresses look the same. I wonder how the NECTAR stands up? Anyone with experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              A lot of these memory foam mattresses look the same. I wonder how the NECTAR stands up? Anyone with experience?
                              I've been waiting for someone to respond to your query -- but, no, I have no experience with Nectar.

There are a zillion of these bed in a box companies now, perhaps the industry which was effectively dominated by around three companies (and then two when Simmons and Serta apparently merged) is ripe for disruption. Around a year ago an ad popped up on Youtube featuring some of the Studio C people for Purple Mattress. Apparently the Utah company has been quite successful in the last 2-3 years. I'm considering a new mattress and so Google has been playing a ton of bed in a box mattress ads before any youtube video I watch. An ad for one of the company's called Puffy popped up and one of my roommates from college is apparently its spokesman.

We've had the mainstream Costco Sealy for seven years now, it's still in pretty good shape and fairly comfortable -- I don't really have back or neck problems, but my shoulders get sore because I'm a side sleeper. We're thinking about the Purple to avoid typical foam mattress heat issues. That polymer/gel lattice is supposed to really cut down on the heat. Any update from those of you that have the Purple?
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                I've been waiting for someone to respond to your query -- but, no, I have no experience with Nectar.

There are a zillion of these bed in a box companies now, perhaps the industry which was effectively dominated by around three companies (and then two when Simmons and Serta apparently merged) is ripe for disruption. Around a year ago an ad popped up on Youtube featuring some of the Studio C people for Purple Mattress. Apparently the Utah company has been quite successful in the last 2-3 years. I'm considering a new mattress and so Google has been playing a ton of bed in a box mattress ads before any youtube video I watch. An ad for one of the company's called Puffy popped up and one of my roommates from college is apparently its spokesman.

We've had the mainstream Costco Sealy for seven years now, it's still in pretty good shape and fairly comfortable -- I don't really have back or neck problems, but my shoulders get sore because I'm a side sleeper. We're thinking about the Purple to avoid typical foam mattress heat issues. That polymer/gel lattice is supposed to really cut down on the heat. Any update from those of you that have the Purple?
                                I got the Novaform Comfort Grande from Costco. I've been very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X