General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Everyone's just moving to the Come Follow Me curriculum, right? That would explain why the old SS manuals are gone. I doubt that after spending a lot of effort to create the new materials for Come Follow Me, it will all be scrapped.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind 3 hours of church meetings per week? Granted, I haven't attended Gospel Doctrine for a few years b/c I've had a few callings to teach Primary and then SS to teens, but unless I'm in a grumpy mood 3 hours doesn't seem that bad.
    Yes

Comment

Everyone's just moving to the Come Follow Me curriculum, right? That would explain why the old SS manuals are gone. I doubt that after spending a lot of effort to create the new materials for Come Follow Me, it will all be scrapped.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind 3 hours of church meetings per week? Granted, I haven't attended Gospel Doctrine for a few years b/c I've had a few callings to teach Primary and then SS to teens, but unless I'm in a grumpy mood 3 hours doesn't seem that bad.
      I don't care that much either way. IIRC, HFN said that he prefers 3 hrs.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• If a couple of minor administrative changes (home teaching and EQ/HPG combination) are considered "big changes," I have no doubt that this conference will have lots of other "big changes."
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I don't care that much either way. IIRC, HFN said that he prefers 3 hrs.
          Three hours is fine if you dont have an administrative calling that requires other meetings. I would also be fine with two hours. But, as I have said before, I would miss SS.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

There is also a Come Follow Me Manual for at home study now as well.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                If a couple of minor administrative changes (home teaching and EQ/HPG combination) are considered "big changes," I have no doubt that this conference will have lots of other "big changes."
                Getting rid of HPGs and combining with EQ was a minor admin change?
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  that’s been around for at least a year. we were a pilot for this and had some version of it
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    Three hours is fine if you dont have an administrative calling that requires other meetings. I would also be fine with two hours. But, as I have said before, I would miss SS.
                    I miss SS every week.

If they go to some form of a two hour block I predict that we will still have SS and Priesthood... just not every week. Maybe SS once or twice a month with Priesthood/RS the other weeks.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Since we're all throwing caution to the wind... how about this one.

Men and women meet together 2nd hour every week. Even weeks it will be a priesthood meeting run by the men, on the odd weeks it'll be a RS meeting run by the women.

The only problem I see with that is that the women will want the even weeks, and give the odd weeks to the men.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Heard a rumor from a co-worker yesterday who heard it from her son at UVU who heard it from his SP in a meeting. So, you know it's true. Anyway, rumor says that some changes in the serving of missions will be announced. Including perhaps some kind of choice in the type of mission (service vs proselyting) as well as options for length of mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                          Heard a rumor from a co-worker yesterday who heard it from her son at UVU who heard it from his SP in a meeting. So, you know it's true. Anyway, rumor says that some changes in the serving of missions will be announced. Including perhaps some kind of choice in the type of mission (service vs proselyting) as well as options for length of mission.
                          That would be pretty significant.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Heard a rumor from a co-worker yesterday who heard it from her son at UVU who heard it from his SP in a meeting. So, you know it's true. Anyway, rumor says that some changes in the serving of missions will be announced. Including perhaps some kind of choice in the type of mission (service vs proselyting) as well as options for length of mission.
                            Eff that. I thought these kids were Saturday's Warriors. 2 years or nothing.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

was hearing on CB something about 18 month missions for boys, so yeah, definitely accurate.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                was hearing on CB something about 18 month missions for boys, so yeah, definitely accurate.
                                My only concern with this is the NCAA rule for eligibility. It has been 25 years, so my memory of the event is crystal clear, but I remember being told that your clock starts ticking in terms of eligibility once you matriculate. only thing that can stop the clock is military service or a church mission of a certain length. What that length is I have no idea. It is probably 12 months, so this would not be an issue. But if it were closer to 18 months then we could potentially have some issues. Of course the girls going on missions don't seem to have any issues with this that I know of, so maybe this is just a figment of my imagination. I just don't want anything to mess with byu football.

Comment

Working...
                                X