General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Conference / Easter 2018

So, we've got a solemn assembly, a couple more apostles, a petition in support of eliminating one-on-one interviews, the fallout from Bishop, and, of course, Easter. Is there anything you're hoping to hear from the pulpit this weekend? Are you, like me, hoping that the 90-minute Priesthood session is here to stay?

My bil likes Priesthood spring hunting season fall. I don,t like cold well enough to hunt myself.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      So, we've got a solemn assembly, a couple more apostles, a petition in support of eliminating one-on-one interviews, the fallout from Bishop, and, of course, Easter. Is there anything you're hoping to hear from the pulpit this weekend? Are you, like me, hoping that the 90-minute Priesthood session is here to stay?
      I was hoping for an announcement about 90 minute church.

Comment

First Psesh without a talk from DFU. Gonna suck.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
          Eddie called to Q12.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The swapping out of Uchtdorf for Oaks and the way the questions were answered in that introduction press conference signaled a very conservative presidency. This weekend we'll have more data points to see. The picks for the two new apostles and whatever changes are made this weekend will show whether this is going to be a long 10 years for Progressives or whether the Church will continue to move in the more moderate direction it seeemed like it was going post Prop 8.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              The swapping out of Uchtdorf for Oaks and the way the questions were answered in that introduction press conference signaled a very conservative presidency. This weekend we'll have more data points to see. The picks for the two new apostles and whatever changes are made this weekend will show whether this is going to be a long 10 years for Progressives or whether the Church will continue to move in the more moderate direction it seeemed like it was going post Prop 8.
              Donald Trump nailed it with his supreme court selection, so I expect Trump to nail it with his apostle selections

Comment

It's not two old white guys!

Comment

I'm standing .... manifesting.

#apparentlytherewasoppositionbehindthescenes.

Two minutes in.... Leaders aren't perfect....
                  Last edited by clackamascoug; 03-31-2018, 09:29 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    It's not two old white guys!

Arguable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

What’s their prog-mo rating?
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Gong was the guy in that video where he was trying to explain modern social issues to the Q12, yeah?
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Stevenson: Nelson one of the grandest persons to ever grace this earth.

I suspect Nelson cringed at that remark.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            Stevenson: Nelson one of the grandest persons to ever grace this earth.

I suspect Nelson cringed at that remark.
                            He is quoting from a man who was recollecting his experience as a resident under Nelson's program in 1955. Just in case we've forgotten that Nelson is not young.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Gong was the guy in that video where he was trying to explain modern social issues to the Q12, yeah?
                              Yes. Those videos are great. He was in a neighboring stake 3 weeks ago and set apart one of my buddies as a counselor in a SP (after he had served as a SP in another part of the state previously). He has nothing but good things to say about GWG.

Comment

Working...
                              X