Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Now for my other favorite:

Name the only president who was never elected to either president or vice president.
    Gerald Ford
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Now for my other favorite:

Name the only president who was never elected to either president or vice president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I have this all over twitter today. Just a remarkably stupid point to make.
        Mind-blowingly stupid. The amount and depth of misunderstanding regarding our system and how and WHY it works is much more alarming to me than Trump's latest twaddle and termination of his AG.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Gerald Ford
          That one was easy - it's the first presidential election I ever voted in (I was in the LTM at the time and voted absentee)

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Gerald Ford
            http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...e-tapes/n10894
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Gerald Ford
              Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Yip.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.323e8d8ea4dc

There are some really dumb people out there.

Talking about the overall popular vote is just stupid when it comes to senate races. Especially when you have a democrat running against a democrat in california and over 6 million people vote in that race.
                It's outrageous. Almost as though they deliberately designed the system to give equal say to each state, even if one state has a LOT more people in it.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• So has the dust settle on this election yet? How does it compare to the 2010 midterm? The GOP'ers gained six senate seats and 63 house seats on that one.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    So has the dust settle on this election yet? How does it compare to the 2010 midterm? The GOP'ers gained six senate seats and 63 house seats on that one.
                    Democrats pick up not quite 30 house seats, which is slightly below the average number the president's party usually loses in the first midterm. Republicans pick up three senate seats, which is unusual.

Basically, unremarkable.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      Did you vote for Hidalgo too?

Probably. THere were like 100 judges to vote for. After a while I just got in a rythym with the circle wheel thing and button.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Democrats pick up not quite 30 house seats, which is slightly below the average number the president's party usually loses in the first midterm. Republicans pick up three senate seats, which is unusual.

Basically, unremarkable.
                        A fairly standard election in terms of the House, but a bit of a debacle for the Dems on the Senate side. While I realize it was a very challenging Senate map for the Democrats, they really needed to keep things at the current margins or just lose one net seat. Before Kavanaugh, the polling seemed to indicate that's what was going to happen. It goes without saying that some of the Senate seats will go the direction of the presidential election, but if Trump wins in 2020 I'm not sure what seats the Democrats pick up to prevent Trump from dealing with a Senate majority until 2022. Gardner is of course vulnerable in Colorado, but the Republicans are just going to get Alabama back in return. The Dems could pick up the open seat in AZ, but I don't see how Trump wins in states like Iowa and NC in 2020 and the voters in those states at the same time also oust their GOP Senators.

Do the Democrats try the Kavanaugh stunt with the new makeup of the Senate? Two of the possible GOP defectors remain, Collins and Murkowski. But there aren't really anymore unless McSally out in AZ turns out to be kind of like them. Even then, the Democrats would still need two more defections on a Supreme Court confirmation and where do they get them from? There were hints that Corker was on the fence, but he's gone.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I think one effect of the GOP increasing its hold on the Senate is that RBG is going to keep hitting the Supreme Court gym until at least late 2020.

Comment

A fairly standard election in terms of the House, but a bit of a debacle for the Dems on the Senate side. While I realize it was a very challenging Senate map for the Democrats, they really needed to keep things at the current margins or just lose one net seat. Before Kavanaugh, the polling seemed to indicate that's what was going to happen. It goes without saying that some of the Senate seats will go the direction of the presidential election, but if Trump wins in 2020 I'm not sure what seats the Democrats pick up to prevent Trump from dealing with a Senate majority until 2022. Gardner is of course vulnerable in Colorado, but the Republicans are just going to get Alabama back in return. The Dems could pick up the open seat in AZ, but I don't see how Trump wins in states like Iowa and NC in 2020 and the voters in those states at the same time also oust their GOP Senators.

Do the Democrats try the Kavanaugh stunt with the new makeup of the Senate? Two of the possible GOP defectors remain, Collins and Murkowski. But there aren't really anymore unless McSally out in AZ turns out to be kind of like them. Even then, the Democrats would still need two more defections on a Supreme Court confirmation and where do they get them from? There were hints that Corker was on the fence, but he's gone.
                            I would hope they would select a female minority with some credence.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Probably. THere were like 100 judges to vote for. After a while I just got in a rythym with the circle wheel thing and button.
                              Makes sense to trust a 4 billion dollar budget with someone on their first job.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I think one effect of the GOP increasing its hold on the Senate is that RBG is going to keep hitting the Supreme Court gym until at least late 2020.
                                Unless she follows the example of her good friend Justice Scalia

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X