Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    Interesting on the sour IPA. I've never had that before. My favorite hazy IPA right now is Relax by Offshoot (subsidiary of The Bruery) Its so juicy and refreshing.

Also I spent some time in NorCal this summer and Fieldwork has some really good stuff Garden of Weeden IPA in particular. Just a heads up.
    Seriously, the NE IPA is the best thing that has happened in craft brewing in a long time.

I've also really loved the sour IPA thing, but I've actually only seen them from 2 breweries both local Utah breweries.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Dogfish Head finally is in the Utah market.
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

My favorite hazy IPA right now is Relax by Offshoot (subsidiary of The Bruery) Its so juicy and refreshing.
        The hazy IPA craze is in full force in Central Oregon. Pretty much every brewery here has an offering. Even my diehard home brewer friend has migrated from the hoppier beers to hazy. The first time I tried one I wasn't too impressed. But then I tried Deschutes Brewery's Fresh Haze and I caught the vision. I didn't realize until recently that this is a New England style of IPA. I've only had Heady Topper once a few years ago, so I can't compare. But I'm really liking the haze.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          The hazy IPA craze is in full force in Central Oregon. Pretty much every brewery here has an offering. Even my diehard home brewer friend has migrated from the hoppier beers to hazy. The first time I tried one I wasn't too impressed. But then I tried Deschutes Brewery's Fresh Haze and I caught the vision. I didn't realize until recently that this is a New England style of IPA. I've only had Heady Topper once a few years ago, so I can't compare. But I'm really liking the haze.
          It seems like this will take hold and then be replaced by a Brut IPA craze. I'm enjoying the haze and hope that it sticks long term. My favorite style right now.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            It seems like this will take hold and then be replaced by a Brut IPA craze. I'm enjoying the haze and hope that it sticks long term. My favorite style right now.
            Love the haze, Offshoot - Relax is awesome and Modern Times - Space Ways are the best I have had in SoCal.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Love the haze, Offshoot - Relax is awesome and Modern Times - Space Ways are the best I have had in SoCal.
              Feelin Hazy by 2 Row Brewing is my go to for NE Style IPAs.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I imagine the only breweries that distribute to your guys' areas are Deschutes Brewery and 10 Barrel; possibly Good Life. If you see Secret Stash and Fresh Haze IPA in your parts, I can recommend them.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Trying my first full weight brut IPA. I don't quite get the buzz. Give me haze.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    Trying my first full weight brut IPA. I don't quite get the buzz. Give me haze.
                    With the brut IPA being quite mediocre, I kind of had to drink the Double NE IPA. Now I'm a bit tipsy.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Lower alcohol content (usually lower than 5%). You can have a few in a drinking session and not be blotto.
                      This is hilarious.

Comment

• I can't keep up with the Utah beer scene anymore. I think there are now 4-5 breweries that have opened that I haven't tried anything from. Still haven't been to Strap Tank and it has been open for years. I haven't tried anything from Saltfire, T.F. Brewing, Policy Kings, Toasted Barrel. There are probably some that I didn't mention that are now open.

I certainly can't keep up with the new releases even from breweries that I like. I'm sure that Shades has released some good new stuff, but I haven't tried any of it. I think the last new beer from Shades that I had was the cherry sour.

I have continued to keep up with 2 Row though. Constant Haze, well that is an absolutely amazing NE IPA. It is a triple and comes in at 10.1 ABV. Even at that weight, it drinks as easy as a session beer. It is damn good.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          This is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• 2 Row Raspberry Sticks is a meh. With few exceptions, I just don't get the appeal of stouts anymore. I get the appeal of a good milk stout.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Disneyland GCH is getting more Funk friendly.

GCH Craftsman Bar & Grill Coming Soon to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

The food options look pretty good.

Comment

• Lagoon just debuted it's open Bier Garten.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X