2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    You need to get right with God. There has never been a better time to be bothered by the success of those bastards. I hope they lose by 50 to Oregon.
    You mean after the Utes first lose to Colorado?
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• WE ARE ALL BUFFALOS!

Comment

• Well, I am already part Bison, 41QRKnh7z9L._SX425_.jpg so it is not much of a stretch. Go Buffs!
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
            It's a rivalry game so throw out the records. Just like with us and San Diego State!

Comment

• This is going to be a costly mistake for Taggart.
              https://www.tampabay.com/sports/semi...-could-matter/

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                It's a rivalry game so throw out the records. Just like with us and San Diego State!
                My daughter's 8th grade English teacher is a big SDSU fan. He giver her a hard time when she wears BYU stuff. He insists that they are rivals. I told her to tell him that it isn't a rivalry if only one side cares.

This weekend is the first football game where she actually cares about the result. She is hoping for some serious RUTS!!!

Comment

• I think Oregon dropping 8 spots and Baylor moving up 5 spots is a clear indication that if Oklahoma wins out, they’ll jump Utah.

If Georgia loses to LSU, Utah and Oklahoma will jump them and Alabama. But Oklahoma will have one more top 20 and top 10 win(at the time of the game), while Utah will only have an unranked and top 15 win. It if Oklahoma drops either game, it’s Utah for the final spot (assuming all the CS Buffalo cheerleading doesn’t jinx Utah this weekend).

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    I think Oregon dropping 8 spots and Baylor moving up 5 spots is a clear indication that if Oklahoma wins out, they’ll jump Utah.

If Georgia loses to LSU, Utah and Oklahoma will jump them and Alabama. But Oklahoma will have one more top 20 and top 10 win(at the time of the game), while Utah will only have an unranked and top 15 win. It if Oklahoma drops either game, it’s Utah for the final spot (assuming all the CS Buffalo cheerleading doesn’t jinx Utah this weekend).
                    I'm not so sure. It looks like the committee is setting up a way to justify all three of Utah, Bama, and Oklahoma. They'll just pick who looks the best over the next 2 weeks. Advantage Utah. Disadvantage to Oklahoma. Isn't the Oregon AD chairing the committee? Home cooking maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      I'm not so sure. It looks like the committee is setting up a way to justify all three of Utah, Bama, and Oklahoma. They'll just pick who looks the best over the next 2 weeks. Advantage Utah. Disadvantage to Oklahoma. Isn't the Oregon AD chairing the committee? Home cooking maybe.
                      Oregon’s AD is the chairman. And he no longer has to recuse himself for discussions in the 4-6 range now that Oregon is out of the picture. Maybe it’s just the skeptic in me, but I think the writing is on the wall that they are favoring Oklahoma if they win out. Style points may come into play. Big wins vs. tight wins by Alabama, Oklahoma, and Utah could be difference makers.

Comment

• Oklahoma hasn't figured out how to win by more than one possess. That's the biggest thing that's hurting them. Maybe if they figure that out they are the favorite. But why would that change against two ranked opponents?

Utah has the easier final 2 games to get style points.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          Oklahoma hasn't figured out how to win by more than one possess. That's the biggest thing that's hurting them. Maybe if they figure that out they are the favorite. But why would that change against two ranked opponents?
                          I hope it doesn’t. Hell, I hope they lose to OSU, and then have a very close game with Baylor. I’m just trying to project what the committee will do if they win out.

Which would you say is more impressive, a home game blowout of unranked Colorado, or a road game close win against #21 OSU

Comment

I hope it doesn’t. Hell, I hope they lose to OSU, and then have a very close game with Baylor. I’m just trying to project what the committee will do if they win out.

Which would you say is more impressive, a home game blowout of unranked Colorado, or a road game close win against #21 OSU
                            This by a mile.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              This by a mile.
                              I agree. It sucks for Utah, because Oklahoma has the opportunity and Utah does not. You can only play the next game on the schedule.

If the committee sees it that way, we could see Oklahoma jump Utah next week. Or if not, it will move them incrementally closer in their minds for the following week.

Comment

I agree. It sucks for Utah, because Oklahoma has the opportunity and Utah does not. You can only play the next game on the schedule.

If the committee sees it that way, we could see Oklahoma jump Utah next week. Or if not, it will move them incrementally closer in their minds for the following week.
                                The winner of the B12 championship game is getting in over Utah.

This is all moot anyway. Utah is going to lose to Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                                X