No announcement yet.

Daylight savings time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utah will have 2 separate bills before its state legislature this year.

1 is to fall back and never spring forward again - staying on regular time. The second is to stay sprung forward and not fall back any more, staying on daylight savings time.

They said that the country clubs are against one of them, saying it will cost them $24 million a year in lost golf time. I'm trying to decide if they're afraid of losing morning golfers, or evening ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      Utah will have 2 separate bills before its state legislature this year.

1 is to fall back and never spring forward again - staying on regular time. The second is to stay sprung forward and not fall back any more, staying on daylight savings time.

They said that the country clubs are against one of them, saying it will cost them $24 million a year in lost golf time. I'm trying to decide if they're afraid of losing morning golfers, or evening ones.
      The only way that opposition would make sense would that they are against changing from what we are doing now. Which is daylight savings during the summer. So I would guess they are in favor of year-round daylight savings.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

My only opposition to daylight savings time is that few people seem to know when to use CST and CDT
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

UtahDan was on a huge anti-daylight savings time kick on FB last spring.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            UtahDan was on a huge anti-daylight savings time kick on FB last spring.
            I think it's mostly that he gets annoyed when people say savings instead of saving. On the other hand, he still says whole nother, so he's a hypocrite.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Only three more clocks to reset and I'm all caught up. At least in the spring you only have to add one to the hour on each one and you're done. The clocks that don't go backward have to go ahead by 23 in the fall.

Oh wait! Four clocks. My Garmin GPS unit needs to know the timezone and whether or not daylight saving is in effect. The automatic setting seems rather broken. You would think that a GPS unit, of all electronic devices, would have the easiest time knowing what time it is wherever it is at. That's what I get for running a ten year old unit.

Comment

Still hate springing forward. This is killing me.

Comment

Spring forward isn’t bad. I seriously don’t understand all the angst about it.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Especially with kids. They sleep in an hour more than they normally would.

Except this year, alas.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I vote for daylight savings all year.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I'm working on 5 1/2 hours sleep instead of 7 1/2 hours.

I got your angst right here.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          One or the other, let's just pick one and stay with it.

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if you had set an alarm for 2:30 am today. Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              One or the other, let's just pick one and stay with it.
                              It depends on where you live. If you actually look at the sunrise and sunset times, there is a great case for leaving the status quo. If we had daylight savings in the winter, the sun wouldn't be up (in the Salt Lake area) until about 8:30am. That's way late for kids trying to get to school. And sunrise in midsummer without daylight savings is about 4:30. Who wants the sun in their eyes at that time of day?

I had a dairy farmer brother-in-law who hated the changes because the cows demanded to be milked every 12 hours or their udders would be painfully full. So he'd have to get up on their schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                                It depends on where you live. If you actually look at the sunrise and sunset times, there is a great case for leaving the status quo. If we had daylight savings in the winter, the sun wouldn't be up (in the Salt Lake area) until about 8:30am. That's way late for kids trying to get to school. And sunrise in midsummer without daylight savings is about 4:30. Who wants the sun in their eyes at that time of day?

I had a dairy farmer brother-in-law who hated the changes because the cows demanded to be milked every 12 hours or their udders would be painfully full. So he'd have to get up on their schedule.
                                OK, fine. Leave it.

Comment

Working...
                                X