Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boise ID or Highland UT - Where would you rather live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Yup Highland/Alpine would not be my first choice in Utah unless you like driving a long way to get anywhere you would need to go. You're not close to BYU, not close to skiing/airport/SLC amenities. Doesn't seem ideal to me.
    The airport isn't that much further than the closest one to me currently and it's closer than the airport was for the five years that I lived in Folsom. Skiing is also closer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      Highland is creepy with how LDS it is. I mean, South Jordan where I live is also very heavily LDS but it's not as creepy as Highland/Alpine. Highland/Alpine is ultra-right wing, tea party, everything closed on Sunday, nazi-Mormon heaven. Gayle Ruzicka lives in Highland; 'nuff said.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        The airport isn't that much further than the closest one to me currently and it's closer than the airport was for the five years that I lived in Folsom. Skiing is also closer.
        Highland closer to LES.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

How about the beautiful village of Rocks south of American Falls, could do some fishing up in American Falls, that is we're young u will have to get most of your r groceries. Could go about 50 miles to Bengal games if you don,t mind seeing people lose.

Snowmobiling and hunting there, but you might have a pretty good neighbor who splits his time in the hometown of his wife and I guess Egle Mountain, you might run into me a few times if you want to see some good Hs sports and my local school beats yours.

My hometown similar, have eagles nest and merc, several miles for major things. If you really want to live in rural Idaho.

U am pretty sure most of the Treaaure Valley is heavy urban, even Kuna and Melba are more urban, Some towns along the Oregon border have some rural areas. Boise valley has some milder winters and the church is strong. I would bet in urban areas Ward boundaries are not that big geographically. I don,t know much about Highland Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Highland closer to LES.
            As the crow flies but not necessarily in terms of travel time. There is no convenient way to get from Highland to LES. You have to either drive through PG and get on State Street, or you have to drive over to the freeway. That's the problem with Highland - it's miles off the freeway. Alpine is even worse. I would contend that many locations in SL county can get to LES in about the same amount of time, if not faster sometimes depending on traffic, than from Highland. Google maps at 9 in the morning on a weekday supports my assertion:

Highland to LES: 28 minutes, 18 miles
            Draper to LES: 33 minutes, 28 miles
            Riverton to LES: 34 minutes, 29 miles
            Sandy to LES: 40 minutes, 32 miles

Comment

As the crow flies but not necessarily in terms of travel time. There is no convenient way to get from Highland to LES. You have to either drive through PG and get on State Street, or you have to drive over to the freeway. That's the problem with Highland - it's miles off the freeway. Alpine is even worse. I would contend that many locations in SL county can get to LES in about the same amount of time, if not faster sometimes depending on traffic, than from Highland. Google maps at 9 in the morning on a weekday supports my assertion:

Since they opened the weird commuter lane thingy getting to the freeway from Highland is a breeze.

Comment

totally different on a game day
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                  How about the beautiful village of Rocks south of American Falls, could do some fishing up in American Falls, that is we're young u will have to get most of your r groceries. Could go about 50 miles to Bengal games if you don,t mind seeing people lose.

Snowmobiling and hunting there, but you might have a pretty good neighbor who splits his time in the hometown of his wife and I guess Egle Mountain, you might run into me a few times if you want to see some good Hs sports and my local school beats yours.

My hometown similar, have eagles nest and merc, several miles for major things. If you really want to live in rural Idaho.

U am pretty sure most of the Treaaure Valley is heavy urban, even Kuna and Melba are more urban, Some towns along the Oregon border have some rural areas. Boise valley has some milder winters and the church is strong. I would bet in urban areas Ward boundaries are not that big geographically. I don,t know much about Highland Utah.
                  Which community is forever immortalized by Lynyrd Skynyrd? Your pot smoking hippy high school friends will be much more impressed by Whatchyourname Scott R Nelsen, whatchyourname?

Grape, Rockland is going to roll the Blue Devils on Aug 25. I will be there. Likely I will have a couple of young ladies running XC at CSI that afternoon so after a pit stop in Shoshone for the world's biggest soft ice cream cone we will roll into your burg. I take the Dawgs by +20 this year. Our football team should be good and you folks lost just about everything.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Idaho vs Utah Move to a state without income tax, enough Mos, that you can easily merge into a good size ward (or are you one of the nikumanites? I lose track of all his followers, anymore). Also bonus points for having direct flights to Utah without actually live anywhere new Lebowski or Old Gregg.

Edit: I meant income tax. OR has no sales tax.
                    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 07-10-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      Idaho vs Utah Move to a state without sales tax, enough Mos, that you can easily merge into a good size ward (or are you one of the nikumanites? I lose track of all his followers, anymore). Also bonus points for having direct flights to Utah without actually live anywhere new Lebowski or Old Gregg.
                      Scott R. Nelson wants nothing to do with the ridiculous price we pay for cocktail sauce in LV. Even without sales tax, he'll be better off in Idaho or Utah.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        Idaho vs Utah Move to a state without income tax, enough Mos, that you can easily merge into a good size ward (or are you one of the nikumanites? I lose track of all his followers, anymore). Also bonus points for having direct flights to Utah without actually live anywhere new Lebowski or Old Gregg.

Edit: I meant income tax. OR has no sales tax.

Not a bad strategy.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Boise ID or Highland UT - Where would you rather live?

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Not a bad strategy.
                          Ha. I really should avoid Tapatalk and autocorrect. I mangle the English language enough on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What does google say about travel time to LES from Boise, ID?
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              What does google say about travel time to LES from Boise, ID?
                              When I attend games, I'll usually drive down at least the day before and stay with family in Springville.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I would choose Utah over Idaho every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X