No announcement yet.

The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa. Just got an e-mail informing me that the Kirkland Temple (R) now does same day delivery of groceries to our neighborhood. Game changer.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Fuck you Costco. Seriously, fuck you.

I apologize for the language, but they deserve this right now.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        Fuck you Costco. Seriously, fuck you.

I apologize for the language, but they deserve this right now.
        i know i’m pretty sad that they’re getting rid of polish dogs too
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          i know i’m pretty sad that they’re getting rid of polish dogs too
          I remember when Costco just had a cart with polish dogs and a vending machine outside the entrance. I would go with my dad to Costco as a kid so that I could get the $1.50 polish dog and drink. The food court exists because of the polish dog. They should just blow the whole fucking food court up if they aren't going to sell the polish dog anymore.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Also, meatless Al Pastor Salad. What the fuck Costco, what the ever loving fuck. Another reason why the food court needs to die a slow and painful death. It is an abomination.
            Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I love you, funk.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I love you, funk.
                Is this the Millennials fault?
                Is the fault of the SJW?

I'll join the crusade against whomever is at fault. I'd join forces with DHO to fight against this crime against humanity.

Also, thank you for indulging the language Dude. I hope that these f-words do not go towards my unknown lifetime allotment.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I always get regular hot dogs (and a drink) rather than polish dogs when I have lunch there, so this change doesn't really affect me.

My daughter and her husband are big Costco fans. They've been bugging us for years to get a membership. Finally, last Christmas they gave us a membership as a gift. I don't normally buy enough stuff there to justify a membership, but recently I purchased ten 5-Shelf Storage Racks to hold all of my wife's "treasures" in the back of my garage, and probably saved about $15 each over the local hardware stores. That right there was worth more than the membership. But I doubt that I'll renew the membership for another year. They just don't have much that I want and the sizes of most things are way too large for two people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                    I always get regular hot dogs (and a drink) rather than polish dogs when I have lunch there, so this change doesn't really affect me.

My daughter and her husband are big Costco fans. They've been bugging us for years to get a membership. Finally, last Christmas they gave us a membership as a gift. I don't normally buy enough stuff there to justify a membership, but recently I purchased ten 5-Shelf Storage Racks to hold all of my wife's "treasures" in the back of my garage, and probably saved about $15 each over the local hardware stores. That right there was worth more than the membership. But I doubt that I'll renew the membership for another year. They just don't have much that I want and the sizes of most things are way too large for two people.
                    Vacuum sealer ftw.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                      I always get regular hot dogs (and a drink) rather than polish dogs when I have lunch there, so this change doesn't really affect me.

Eww. But why though?

Also, I echo the remarks of funk. Thanks for dropping the F bombs for me buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Eww. But why though?

Also, I echo the remarks of funk. Thanks for dropping the F bombs for me buddy!
                        Amen.

I was in a Costco last week and they said something about not having polish dogs anymore. After I left, I thought maybe they meant they didn't have any more that day. I mean, how could they discontinue polish dogs? Plus, they advertised the new acai berry thing supplanting the chocolate yogurt for a week or two. Surely they would have concurrently warned of the upcoming abolition of the polish dog?

But then, a few days later in a different Costco, they had covered up the "Polish Dog" part of the sign and I knew things would never be the same.

F-bomb away, funkster.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• ftr the murder of those freshly dipped chocolate/almond ice cream bars is a worse tragedy than the polish dogs
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Give me names funkster, these Costco executives live in my community... I will search them out and shame them into oblivion. They will never be able to enjoy a craft beer in peace again!
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Vacuum sealer ftw.
                              Thanks for the reminder. I need to get one of those before my card expires.

Comment

• I've never had a polish dog or Acai bowl at Costco. True story.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X