You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    You going into knoxville? In order to avoid missing one of a very limited number of Friday night varsity officiating opportunities, I may end up taking the redeye into Atlanta again.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Friday night redeye to ATL, 3 hour nap in minute suites, 3.5 hour drive to Knox, overnight in Knox after our big win, home from ATL Sunday night. Not a very relaxing trip but neither was Wisconsin last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Just booked my flight. I'm locked in!
      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      You going into knoxville? In order to avoid missing one of a very limited number of Friday night varsity officiating opportunities, I may end up taking the redeye into Atlanta again.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Just had a jury trial get rescheduled from mid Sept to mid December, which frees me up to go to this one. My bro and I are flying into Nashville late on Thursday. Golfing Friday, and then driving to Knoxville Friday evening. The game's not until 4pm, so we might golf again in Knoxville on Sat and then head over for pre-game festivities. Or, if we're too tired, we might just sleep in and then head over to the stadium.

Back to Nashville for a Sunday flight home. Long weekend, but should be fun.
      Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
      Tennessee
      Where are people sitting? Which sections? I'm brining my nephew in law and his son. Gotta get tickets.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Where are people sitting? Which sections? I'm brining my nephew in law and his son. Gotta get tickets.
        We're buying them when we get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          We're buying them when we get there.
          Very DDD of you.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Very DDD of you.
            I'm pretty sure he got that from me.

Comment

My brother and I have been toying with the idea of just buying tickets there. But as the game draws closer, little bro has grown increasingly reluctant to do it this way. When we get to the stadium, he wants to spend some time wandering around and taking in the scene, not looking for tickets. I can't say I disagree. I looked this morning on SeatGeek and there are still quite a few tickets between the 35 yard lines in the upper section of the lower bowl. That's more than I typically like to pay for a college football game, but we are flying across the country for this one. I may just pull the trigger.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                My brother and I have been toying with the idea of just buying tickets there. But as the game draws closer, little bro has grown increasingly reluctant to do it this way. When we get to the stadium, he wants to spend some time wandering around and taking in the scene, not looking for tickets. I can't say I disagree. I looked this morning on SeatGeek and there are still quite a few tickets between the 35 yard lines in the upper section of the lower bowl. That's more than I typically like to pay for a college football game, but we are flying across the country for this one. I may just pull the trigger.
                Last game I went to with my son we were buying tickets at the game. We got a great deal on nearly perfect seats, but we were at it until just before the game started. I can see the value in an alternative approach.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Thank you. I was toying with the idea of buying in the BYU section, but it's in the corner. I'll check seatgeek.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Thank you. I was toying with the idea of buying in the BYU section, but it's in the corner. I'll check seatgeek.
                    I pulled the trigger today. We are in section C row 52.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I pulled the trigger today. We are in section C row 52.
                      Got my tickets yesterday. First row of the upper deck, section CC.

Go Cougars!!!

Write in Mitt!!!

Comment

Got my tickets yesterday. First row of the upper deck, section CC.

Go Cougars!!!

Write in Mitt!!!
                        Sweet. You are right above us. I’ll make sure to turn around and look for the white overalls.

Comment

• I really wanted to go, but too much to do this weekend to afford the 12 hour drive. I do plan to go to Toledo. I am really looking forward to a great big hug from YOhio.

Have fun all ... go Cougs!

Comment

Sweet. You are right above us. I’ll make sure to turn around and look for the white overalls.
                            Ha. It's Eastern Tennessee. I expect a lot of overalls.

Old friends from Memphis reached out and will be coming to the game. I hope to see a lot of Cougar Fans.

I've been staying with family near Chattanooga and folks around here are way down on the Vols, in a paper bag over the head kind of way. We can't let that feeling end.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                              I really wanted to go, but too much to do this weekend to afford the 12 hour drive. I do plan to go to Toledo. I am really looking forward to a great big hug from YOhio.

Have fun all ... go Cougs!
                              Google estimates a 30-hour drive for me, so if I leave now and don't sleep, I might be able to make it for kickoff.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Section U Row 20. I think we're close to the 45-50. Should be good seats. The stadium's within walking distance of our hotel, so it should be a chill day. We walked down to Market Square and had some fried chicken at Tupelo Honey. It was pretty decent.

Anyone with suggestions for lunch?

Comment

Working...
                                X