No announcement yet.

Nadine Wimmer, please stop being awesome all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her ascendency at KSL coincided with the ouster of Ruth Todd. Ruth was a talented anchor with a powerful control over her facial expressions and God-given talent to emote on cue when commanded by the TelePrompTer. All the signs of a good news anchor. She was a good foil to the God of Utah News, Dick Norse.

Well contract time came around and Ruthie got a little uppity. Women can't do that when they work for The Corporation. It seems Ruthie felt her five years in the anchor chair next to His Holiness, Mr. Norse, qualified her for equivalent pay and airtime. Never mind the fact that Norse had occupied the anchor chair for over three decades. She was denied, so she began to take out her frustrations on the crew, and even the Norse God himself.

Finally he had all he could stand and gave management and ultimatum: either she goes, or I go.
    Management considered their options, and mulled putting Norse out to pasture while appearing 'progressive' by having a female lead anchor.

The news crew was terrified. The thought of KSL without Dick Norse, and with the Queen Bee Ruthie was horrifying. They made tee-shirts that said, "I would rather be Ruth-less than Dick-less!"

In the end, the cocksure Management decided to be Ruth-less over the other option.

Dini was a daytime co-anchor at the time. She is tough and professional on air, but is a decent person off air who treats the crew like real, valuable people. And there was much rejoicing in the DDD house.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
      Her ascendency at KSL coincided with the ouster of Ruth Todd. Ruth was a talented anchor with a powerful control over her facial expressions and God-given talent to emote on cue when commanded by the TelePrompTer. All the signs of a good news anchor. She was a good foil to the God of Utah News, Dick Norse.

Well contract time came around and Ruthie got a little uppity. Women can't do that when they work for The Corporation. It seems Ruthie felt her five years in the anchor chair next to His Holiness, Mr. Norse, qualified her for equivalent pay and airtime. Never mind the fact that Norse had occupied the anchor chair for over three decades. She was denied, so she began to take out her frustrations on the crew, and even the Norse God himself.

Finally he had all he could stand and gave management and ultimatum: either she goes, or I go.
      Management considered their options, and mulled putting Norse out to pasture while appearing 'progressive' by having a female lead anchor.

The news crew was terrified. The thought of KSL without Dick Norse, and with the Queen Bee Ruthie was horrifying. They made tee-shirts that said, "I would rather be Ruth-less than Dick-less!"
      In the end, the cocksure Management decided to be Ruth-less over the other option.

Dini was a daytime co-anchor at the time. She is tough and professional on air, but is a decent person off air who treats the crew like real, valuable people. And there was much rejoicing in the DDD house.
      I LOVE this feel good story that reflects very positively on Dini.

I don't know Dick Norse. Dini does her show with Bruce something or other.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        That woman looks NOTHING like Nadine Wimmer. Repent!!!

Also, Nadine is not a lesbian.
        Jeez, read a little more carefully, mon ami, I said she played a lesbian; I have no idea if the actress or the Wimmer is a lesbian. You are quite smitten.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

No they didn't.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

She was just an average, everyday, overnight success who knows the secret: 'Overnight Success' requires at least a decade of dedication, perserverence, and sweat equity to put herself in the position to be 'the right person' at 'the right place' and at 'the right time'.

Comment

One of my good friends is married to Ruth Todd's younger sister so I heard a different angle on her leaving KSL. The story was that she asked to be paid similar to what a male co-anchor would make but was refused because "she didn't need to make that much because her husband was also working". She is still doing work for The Corporation, volunteering at the conference center for Music and the Spoken Word.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I LOVE this feel good story that reflects very positively on Dini.

I don't know Dick Norse. Dini does her show with Bruce something or other.
                Bruce Lindsey
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Jeez, read a little more carefully, mon ami, I said she played a lesbian; I have no idea if the actress or the Wimmer is a lesbian. You are quite smitten.
                  Nadine Wimmer is active LDS so I can assure you she is not a lesbian.

I think there was some initial confusion as a result of some pics floating around the Internet of Nadine wearing red jeans/denim shirt and playing with horses. The pics are admittedly a little bit Indigo Girls but that is how Dini rolls...she wears whatever she wants and doesn't live life with regrets. In other words: sexiness. With class.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    No they didn't.
                    Link? My cousin was a crew member at the time. He told me the back story.

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      One of my good friends is married to Ruth Todd's younger sister so I heard a different angle on her leaving KSL. The story was that she asked to be paid similar to what a male co-anchor would make but was refused because "she didn't need to make that much because her husband was also working". She is still doing work for The Corporation, volunteering at the conference center for Music and the Spoken Word.
                      She is very nice. Her sister-in-law is my mom's neighbor and close friend, so I heard her side of the story as well. My writeup above was from the POV of the crew. They like Nadine very much but hated working with Ruth.

The truth lies somewhere in between.
                      Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 12-22-2011, 07:52 AM. Reason: SIL, not sister

Comment

Bruce Lindsey
                        DDD, Dick Norse retired about 6-8 years ago after 4+ decades in the news business. Lindsey replaced him.

Comment

DDD, Dick Norse retired about 6-8 years ago after 4+ decades in the news business. Lindsey replaced him.
                          Nourse was the face of Utah news for as long as I remember. He, Paul James, and Bob Welti (after his recruitment from Ch 2) were the Holy Trinity of news teams in SLC.

Comment

Nourse was the face of Utah news for as long as I remember. He, Paul James, and Bob Welti (after his recruitment from Ch 2) were the Holy Trinity of news teams in SLC.
                            Bob Welti was surpassed by Mark Snowbank, er Eubanks in the 70s. They were both clowns, in my estimation.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              Bob Welti was surpassed by Mark Snowbank, er Eubanks in the 70s. They were both clowns, in my estimation.
                              I meant Eubanks-he was recruited from Ch 2 to replace Welti. Eubanks' son now does the weather and has perpetuated his father's white sport coat.

Comment

Link? My cousin was a crew member at the time. He told me the back story.
                                Sorry, it just sounded too cutesy for anyone to actually do.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X