X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Josh and Lolly Weed are divorcing:

http://www.joshweed.com/2018/01/turn...marriage/.html

The post is very long. But what I skimmed is gut-wrenching.
    Sad, but good for them if this brings them happiness. I have never believed that gay people marrying straight people is sustainable.

BTW, I noticed the following acronyms in the article:

LGBTQIA
    LGTBTQ
    LGBTQ
    LGBT

WTH? If gay people can't keep them straight then how do they expect us to?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Sad, but good for them if this brings them happiness. I have never believed that gay people marrying straight people is sustainable.

BTW, I noticed the following acronyms in the article:

LGBTQIA
      LGTBTQ
      LGBTQ
      LGBT

WTH? If gay people can't keep them straight then how do they expect us to?
      What does the first one mean? What do I and A stand for?
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Josh and Lolly Weed are divorcing:

The post is very long. But what I skimmed is gut-wrenching.
        That was way, way, way too long to read for this guy. But from what I read, they basically admit that they thought they could outsmart biology, but they now admit they couldn’t.

I remember thinking when they first “came out” that this would destroy the wife’s self esteem; that no matter how much she was committed to him, knowing her husband was not attracted to her would absolutely wreck her. Looks like that was a significant factor.

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        What does the first one mean? What do I and A stand for?
        Ally
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          would absolutely wreck her.

ironically, that’s exactly what she’s looking for now
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            I remember thinking when they first “came out” that this would destroy the wife’s self esteem; that no matter how much she was committed to him, knowing her husband was not attracted to her would absolutely wreck her. Looks like that was a significant factor.

Ally
            That was a really sad part, when she realized that sexual attraction is, in the end, a huge part of romantic love:

After talking about this with my sister-in-law, she said, “but you guys have such a special relationship. You’re intimate in so many other ways. Believe me, sex is not worth throwing away the connection that you two have.” From the outside looking in, I can see why she would think that, but the truth is our relationship was missing more than just a primal sexual connection . . . it was missing romantic attachment.

Josh has never looked at me with romantic love in his eyes. He has never touched me with the sensitive touch of a lover. Whenever he held me in his arms, it was with a love that was similar to the love of a brother to a sister. That does eventually take its toll on your self-esteem. No matter how much I knew “why” he couldn’t respond to me in the ways a lover responds to a partner, it wears a person down, as if you’re not “good enough” to be loved “in that way.” And what I didn’t realize is that as human beings, we actually need to feel loved in that way with our partners.

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            ironically, that’s exactly what she’s looking for now
            Those who take your acerbic asshole shtick too seriously shouldn't forget your LOL moments.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Those who take your acerbic asshole shtick too seriously shouldn't forget your LOL moments.
              o_g has always been one of the funniest posters on here.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I had forgotten all about them. Too bad, or maybe not. Seems like they are both mature adults about it and will likely be happier wherever they end up.

It’s too bad the church won’t bend to give gays a path to full fellowship in the church. I know I’m in the minority at church when I believe you don’t need a penis and vagina to create spirit children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  I know I’m in the minority at church when I believe you don’t need a penis and vagina to create spirit children.
                  Will you expound on that in your next podcast?
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                    Will you expound on that in your next podcast?
                    Sure. I’ll also go into how in the next life, Ute fans won’t have either.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I know I’m in the minority at church when I believe you don’t need a penis and vagina to create spirit children.

Penis and vagina is very inefficient. I agree.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        Penis and vagina is very inefficient. I agree.

For most of this group I suspect the process is quite efficient.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Well then what do you need?
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            For most of this group I suspect the process is quite efficient.
                            Well played

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I haven't read this yet, but thought some of you might be interested:

Comment

• Umm . . . .
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X