• New LDS Church Website: Mormons and Gays

http://www.mormonsandgays.org/
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Lebowski's Law!!!
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

The Church’s approach to this issue stands apart from society in many ways. And that’s alright. Reasonable people can and do differ. From a public relations perspective it would be easier for the Church to simply accept homosexual behavior. That we cannot do, for God’s law is not ours to change. There is no change in the Church’s position of what is morally right. But what is changing — and what needs to change — is to help Church members respond sensitively and thoughtfully when they encounter same-sex attraction in their own families, among other Church members, or elsewhere.
      I have really, really mixed feelings about this. There is both good and bad in this, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        I have really, really mixed feelings about this. There is both good and bad in this, IMO.
        What is bad? They believe it to be God's law. Pretty simple from their point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
          What is bad? They believe it to be God's law. Pretty simple from their point of view.
          Don't ask now. Just wait for the Mormon Expositor webcast.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Don't ask now. Just wait for the Mormon Expositor webcast.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
              My initial thought was that reiterating that the doctrine is not ever likely to change makes the hopeless even more hopeless. But on second thought, it might be better for gay people hoping for a change to face up to the fact that one isn't coming and confront what they will do based on that one way or the other. Certainly encouraging people to treat their gay loved ones with kindness has the chance to directly reduce the number of suicides and that can only be viewed as a good thing. Adolescence and early adulthood is an especially difficult and risky time for gays who are raised Mormon. My main concern is getting them through to a level of maturity and perspective from which they can make an adult decision about how or if they want to reconcile all that alive.

I'm not really interested in being a critic of the church on this any more, it is was it is. But SuperGabers efforts with Circle the Wagons has brought a large number of wonderful gay people into my life and their pain and struggle has become very palpable to me and close to my heart. Anything that can alleviate that suffering is something I can get behind, even if it is imperfect.

Comment

I'm not really interested in being a critic of the church on this any more, it is was it is. But SuperGabers efforts with Circle the Wagons has brought a large number of wonderful gay people into my life and their pain and struggle has become very palpable to me and close to my heart. Anything that can alleviate that suffering is something I can get behind, even if it is imperfect.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

What is Circle the Wagons?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      What is Circle the Wagons?
                      Sorry it's Circling the Wagons.

http://circlingthewagons.org/

Comment

Sorry it's Circling the Wagons.

http://circlingthewagons.org/
                        This is weak. They don't even have a podcast.
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Have you looked at your own avatar? Just sayin'.

Comment

My initial thought was that reiterating that the doctrine is not ever likely to change makes the hopeless even more hopeless. But on second thought, it might be better for gay people hoping for a change to face up to the fact that one isn't coming and confront what they will do based on that one way or the other. Certainly encouraging people to treat their gay loved ones with kindness has the chance to directly reduce the number of suicides and that can only be viewed as a good thing. Adolescence and early adulthood is an especially difficult and risky time for gays who are raised Mormon. My main concern is getting them through to a level of maturity and perspective from which they can make an adult decision about how or if they want to reconcile all that alive.

Reverse psychology here?
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              This is weak. They don't even have a podcast.
                              Neither does CUF. We aren't weak.

Comment

Working...
                              X