No announcement yet.

The PGA Tour Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy for Tony. I was concerned with K. Bradley's sudden resurgence that Furyk was going to be tempted to select him, since he has prior Ryder Cup experience (which I think is completely overrated, btw). Glad that didn't happen. Finau's all around game is solid, but his length should prove especially useful in the alternate shot format.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I'm happy for Tony. I was concerned with K. Bradley's sudden resurgence that Furyk was going to be tempted to select him, since he has prior Ryder Cup experience (which I think is completely overrated, btw). Glad that didn't happen. Finau's all around game is solid, but his length should prove especially useful in the alternate shot format.
      Just needs to be paired with someone who has a consistent short game. If memory serves correct, the bomb brothers of Bubba and JB were predicted to be great together, but it didn't tranlate to many W's in the last couple RCs

Comment

Btw, DJ and Paulina Gretsky have split. Some rumors that he's been stepping out on her.

Same day as he loses the #1 spot to Justin Rose.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Just needs to be paired with someone who has a consistent short game. If memory serves correct, the bomb brothers of Bubba and JB were predicted to be great together, but it didn't tranlate to many W's in the last couple RCs
          Tony is great around the greens. His putting is his only "weakness" but he has gone up like 60 spots this year. Also this course you won't hit a lot of drivers, so it will be interesting how he is used. The biggest thing with Tony is that he is a birdie machine. Ryder Cup format he will slay it.
          *Banned*

Comment

After a good start this morning, it's looking like a rough afternoon session. Blue across the board, and some of the matches not very close. The Phil/Bryson pairing looks like a total disaster. US needs to find a way to salvage a point, but the Bubba/Webb pairing has the best shot and they don't really inspire much confidence.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

After a good start this morning, it's looking like a rough afternoon session. Blue across the board, and some of the matches not very close. The Phil/Bryson pairing looks like a total disaster. US needs to find a way to salvage a point, but the Bubba/Webb pairing has the best shot and they don't really inspire much confidence.
              US looks like they've never played alternate shot before. Just getting boat raced.

Comment

Lol. Phil and Bryson down 7 through 9 holes. Trying for the life of me to figure out why Furyk thought using Phil during alternate shot instead of four ball was a good idea.

Comment

Lol. Phil and Bryson down 7 through 9 holes. Trying for the life of me to figure out why Furyk thought using Phil during alternate shot instead of four ball was a good idea.
                  Phil should be a vice captain, nothing more. He shouldn't be playing.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    He definitely shouldn’t be playing alternate shot. He has been terrible at it forever.

Comment

Well at least we did well enough in the morning to keep it close. We have to be strong tomorrow. GTFO Phil.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        Well at least we did well enough in the morning to keep it close. We have to be strong tomorrow. GTFO Phil.
                        What games are tomorrow. The US stinks at the foursome.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          I would liked to have seen Kisner chosen over Phil or Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            I would liked to have seen Kisner chosen over Phil or Tiger.

Yep. Kisner and Horschel are gamers.

Comment

This is a disaster.

Comment

Kind of hard to watch...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X