No announcement yet.

Taking Seattle to Pound Town - BYU vs. Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner still sucks. Hooray his completion percentage was finally over 60%. He still can't throw the ball over 15 yards well.

Comment

• I really liked the shuffle pass wrinkle to the rollout.

I was fine with running the ball at the end of the half (not fine with the fumble). They were close to their own 10-yard line for that play and taking a knee would have put the punter in the endzone on the next down.

The offensive line provided little to no push for the running game. Losing Squally didn't help.

On the penultimate play of Washington's second scoring drive, I was upset that the official missed a blatant block in the back that resulted in Shelton on the turf and a 20+ yard gain for Washington.

Washington's O-line was blowing up the D-line all game.

No pressure on Browning is not a recipe for success.

Tanner was not the reason BYU lost this game.

Didn't expect this at the beginning of the season, but felt like we really missed Zayne Anderson - especially on those multiple completions in which the WA receivers were just sitting in the open spots of the zone. Felt like he could have done a better job contesting those and maybe even picks one off.

I am not terribly upset about this loss since I was expecting a tough matchup. After the win over Wisconsin, there was no way to catch Washington off guard. And they had a lot more film to study of the new offense than previous opponents had. And they just have more talent across the board. Just wasn't our night.

Still, 3-2 is about as good as any of us could have reasonably expected at the beginning of the season. Let's hope guys get healthy and they can get a win on the short week coming up.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/drewjay/status/1...046598657?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CriddleBenjamin/...449711616?s=19

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• It seems like the original title was more accurate, as the defense just got b*tch slapped.

Comment

• Our high school once had a coach who won multiple state championships for us. One of his favorite sayings was "Big games are won or lost with special teams, and great seasons are created on the line." I don't know about the special teams part, but his focus on the line was a winner for him. This season for BYU, the team who controlled the line of scrimmage won, and that team was Washington last night. Obviously, there's more to last night than that, but we can't win if we don't control the line of scrimmage.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                On the penultimate play of Washington's second scoring drive, I was upset that the official missed a blatant block in the back that resulted in Shelton on the turf and a 20+ yard gain for Washington.
                Yeah, that was pretty obvious. Not sure it would have mattered if they had called it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  Yeah, that was pretty obvious. Not sure it would have mattered if they had called it.
                  That's why I said I was upset instead of am upset.
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Looks like the team is trying to leave Seattle on an upbeat:

https://twitter.com/DrPatP/status/10...422542848?s=19

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

Looks like the team is trying to leave Seattle on an upbeat:

https://twitter.com/DrPatP/status/10...422542848?s=19

They were probably already there checking up on, oh, the entire effing D.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        Our high school once had a coach who won multiple state championships for us. One of his favorite sayings was "Big games are won or lost with special teams, and great seasons are created on the line." I don't know about the special teams part, but his focus on the line was a winner for him. This season for BYU, the team who controlled the line of scrimmage won, and that team was Washington last night. Obviously, there's more to last night than that, but we can't win if we don't control the line of scrimmage.
                        and you can't control the line of scrimmage if you don't have numbers. when a team stacks the box, it doesn't matter how well the fat guys play, as long as the defense isn't physically overmatched, they will stop the run. that's when you have to hurt the defense over the top - and every team on the upcoming schedule should know that probably isn't going to happen.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          and you can't control the line of scrimmage if you don't have numbers. when a team stacks the box, it doesn't matter how well the fat guys play, as long as the defense isn't physically overmatched, they will stop the run. that's when you have to hurt the defense over the top - and every team on the upcoming schedule should know that probably isn't going to happen.
                          Except Washington doesn't usually have to stack the box.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Except Washington doesn't usually have to stack the box.
                            they don't have to, but they did. and whether you have to or not, why wouldn't you? that's why going forward - maybe Boise doesn't have to - but they certainly should. no reason to play with fire. Wisconsin thought they didn't have to and got burned.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              they don't have to, but they did. and whether you have to or not, why wouldn't you? that's why going forward - maybe Boise doesn't have to - but they certainly should. no reason to play with fire. Wisconsin thought they didn't have to and got burned.
                              I'd have to go back and watch again to verify your assertion that they stacked the box. Not sure I'm willing to put myself through that.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I'd have to go back and watch again to verify your assertion that they stacked the box. Not sure I'm willing to put myself through that.
                                i watched for it because not stacking the box is how wisconsin lost to byu. i can't say they did it 100% of the time, but much of the time they did.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X