Lingo is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    This is a pretty high IQ crowd. They look down on those they don't consider in the same atmoshpere. They look down on folks like Sarah Palin whom they conisder "dumb'.

Of course there are those who don't think they have to rely on intellect because they have an ongoing converesation with God or at the very least go read the Ensign and conference talks. This gives them the ability to tell others what they should think, because after all it is how God thinks.

Edit: I tried, no one bit. I guess no thin skin folks are here.
    '71 is such a sandbagger. Tries to come off as slower old guy, then he throws a 'whom' into the message, completely ruining his rep.

We all know he's the guy from the Dos Equis commericals

"More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
      '71 is such a sandbagger. Tries to come off as slower old guy, then he throws a 'whom' into the message, completely ruining his rep.

We all know he's the guy from the Dos Equis commericals

More like this guy.

Comment

• I give this move a thumbs down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          My uncles have passed on. I need a new one and I love your shtick. You want the job? You don't even have to put me in your will. All you have to do is invite me to play golf when I come to Utah (if the tee time is on a Sunday afternoon so much the better) and send me a card with 5 bucks in it for my birthday.

Oh yeah, and please leave your girly mags in the bathroom when I come to visit.
          If I had to guess, I am going all in: BYU71 has one of of those jars of blue liquid in his bathroom....the one where you put your black plastic combs.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            If I had to guess, I am going all in: BYU71 has one of of those jars of blue liquid in his bathroom....the one where you put your black plastic rattail combs.
            I edited it for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              I'm astounded by how much Lingo got underneath the skin of so many on this board. Lingo is a rank amateur compared to a lot of posters in terms of how bombastic and antagonistic they could be.

This isn't a defense of Lingo, just amusement at what I view to be a pretty significant collective overreaction.
              I'm shocked. I actually agree with Indy.

I didn't see a big difference between Lingo and 75% of this board (myself included in this group.)

It seems like a better solution would have been to force a certain poster to put Lingo on ignore. My guess is this ban gives Lingo exactly what he wanted, attention and satisfaction in knowing he could push people's buttons.

Comment

• Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                It seems like a better solution would have been to force a certain poster to put Lingo on ignore. My guess is this ban gives Lingo exactly what he wanted, attention and satisfaction in knowing he could push people's buttons.
                My personal philosophy is that, if you can't act like an adult on your own, I don't think the committee needs to waste their time holding your hand. Now, whether we should be subscribers to a three-strikes-you're-out or fool-me-once-shame-on-you philosophy before asking you to move on, is something I'm more open to discussing.

Comment

• Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                  My personal philosophy is that, if you can't act like an adult on your own, I don't think the committee needs to waste their time holding your hand. Now, whether we should be subscribers to a three-strikes-you're-out or fool-me-once-shame-on-you philosophy before asking you to move on, is something I'm more open to discussing.
                  I think Lingo got his three strikes, I'm just curious how many strikes one gets as a provoker?

Comment

• Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Hi Lingo,

I woke up this morning wanting to PM you just to check in and ask about work, etc. This isn't as good 'cause you can't reply, but I'm guessing you'll at least see it. I hope life is okay without CUF and that you'll have many more riverboat business trips to take you far away from here. I have no idea if you'll really want to come back once you get away, but my best guess is that there really are third chances. Whether or not they're worth taking is a question only you can answer. You probably know more about all this than I do, though.

Best,
                      RB

Comment

• I just noticed the chat room feature in Tapatalk, and it seems Lingo posted in it a few weeks ago, lol. I wonder what moniker he uses here these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                          I didn't see a big difference between Lingo and 75% of this board (myself included in this group.)
                          This made me chuckle reading this thread. More alike than he knew!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Ten years hence and I can barely remember what Lingo said to me to get banned. Something about dying from my gallbladder maybe, but I don't care anymore. If the EC were to un-ban him in a jubilee spirit, I would welcome him back with open arms. Also, ten years? Good grief, time flies by as I age.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• He was unbanned a while ago but nobody knows how to get hold of him to tell him.

Comment

• Posted a gif, no?
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X