Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

I thought this would get a good miscellaneous thread to catch all those interesting stories about news worthy Mormon that aren't interesting enough for their own threads.

I'll start. A member of my stake presidency (attorney) and a member of one of the bishoprics within the stake (judge) are making the news after both having removed themselves from a big insurance case. Why? The prosecution objected due to the fact that the attorney would have influence over the judge due to his elevated church status.

Does this happen in Utah much?
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

I didn't know Doug Smith was a Mo. (Also, Gerry Gillock is a plaintiff's attorney, not a prosecutor).
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...537_story.html
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

http://newcanaan.dailyvoice.com/neig...vid-g-neeleman

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I didn't know Doug Smith was a Mo. (Also, Gerry Gillock is a plaintiff's attorney, not a prosecutor).
          And I didn't know he was a judge!

Seattle. That guy is deserving of and has been granted his own thread. Keep up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brother Parker made some news tonight. 27/9
            Last edited by clackamascoug; 11-13-2013, 09:26 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Is Mesquite the next Waco? Cattle battle going down here in Nevada!

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/ranc...cattle-roundup

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Let us hope not, but the Feds have mismanaged it so far.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  Let us hope not, but the Feds have mismanaged it so far.
                  Agreed. How this has taken 20 years is maddening.

Comment

Agreed. How this has taken 20 years is maddening.
                    The Feds do a poor job of land use management, but especially in the area of grazing rights and water rights.

There is a case in US District Court in Reno that controls certain water rights which has dragged on since 1934. Its case number is D-185. It will outlive you and me.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Does he have any legitimate gripe with regards to the land-use changes he refused to accept 20 years ago?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

How about that? I am related to some of those people.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Does he have any legitimate gripe with regards to the land-use changes he refused to accept 20 years ago?
                          Here is an interesting article. Sounds like things are getting out of hand there.. Also, based on the article it states this Bundy family has been ranching in this area since the 1870's, and the annexed part of the county/land for the purpose of a desert tortoise..

http://freebeacon.com/issues/last-man-standing/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            How about that? I am related to some of those people.
                            Thanks for the info, Viking.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Thanks for the info, Viking.
                              Watch yourself, I bet he's going to tell you to meet up and see his Discover card if you don't back down.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X