Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womens’ Volleyball 2018

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Was hoping for a BYU-Nebraska final. Nebraska came back against Illinois after losing first two sets.
    Pretty sketch overturn of a Illinois point in the 5th set that changed the score from 12-12 to 13-11 in Nebraska’s favor.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 12-13-2018, 09:33 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Pretty hard right now to imagine Stanford doesn't win pretty easily tomorrow. They're insanely good.

Comment

• What a great season.

In addition to learning that Stanford is really good, I think we have also learned what a great home court advantage the Smith Fieldhouse is.

Now we have to worry that Heather Olmstead gets paid to stay. Shawn Olmstead's predecessor (as the women's VB coach) left because a lower-tier PAC 12 team could easily outbid BYU for his services. We can't let Heather get the same treatment.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Pretty hard right now to imagine Stanford doesn't win pretty easily tomorrow. They're insanely good.
          Stanford is a great team. But I think Nebraska has a good chance because of playing in the Big Ten with so many excellent teams.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
            Yep, you've always been able to expose RJP on the serve receive, but Stanford was able to get both Stetler and Martingdale too.

Yep, that was odd. So much swinging low into the block even when in system. Not sure what to make of it. On the other hand, everybody has bad matches and she delivered so many great moments. The whole team did. Next year should be fun. I'm hopeful that Kate Grimmer will finally give BYU a reliable opposite and Miller can come back to give BYU a first rate OH1. I also liked that Madi Robinson kept swinging hard.
            Kate seems quite good. Big shoulder.

Comment

• Stanford won it but not easily. Nebraska took them to 5 sets.
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                Stanford won it but not easily. Nebraska took them to 5 sets.
                Great match. We were pulling for Nebraska.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Great match. We were pulling for Nebraska.
                  Yeah, Nebraska was underrated by many. I was pulling for Stanford because 1)they beat us and 2)one of my best friends from grad school played on their men's team.

It was hard, though, because I've been a Husker fan since the days of their rivalry with Oklahoma. Some of my earliest childhood tv memories are of the excitement of watching that game.

Also, I love it when the numbers geek comes out in Pelagius. I like to do the math on things too, but he's twice as smart and does cooler calculations.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    Yeah, Nebraska was underrated by many. I was pulling for Stanford because 1)they beat us and 2)one of my best friends from grad school played on their men's team.

It was hard, though, because I've been a Husker fan since the days of their rivalry with Oklahoma. Some of my earliest childhood tv memories are of the excitement of watching that game.

Also, I love it when the numbers geek comes out in Pelagius. I like to do the math on things too, but he's twice as smart and does cooler calculations.
                    Please show us your calculations that support these assertions.
                    Last edited by Pelado; 12-16-2018, 10:22 AM.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                    X