2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    I listened to the last 2 min of regulation and the OT on my drive home. To suggest that Greg Wrubell was nonplussed regarding the officiating, The Waves ability to get to the rim at will late in the shot clock, and Haws schizophrenic play would be a gross understatement.

The little I’ve seen or heard also seems to indicate that the offense being run is a clusterfuck.
    Strange thing for a non-fan to do.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I listened to the last 2 min of regulation and the OT on my drive home. To suggest that Greg Wrubell was nonplussed regarding the officiating, The Waves ability to get to the rim at will late in the shot clock, and Haws schizophrenic play would be a gross understatement.

The little I’ve seen or heard also seems to indicate that the offense being run is a clusterfuck.
      Meh. Nobody cares what you think.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        1. I think Eli's knee is in worse shape than people think. I think after he banged knees last week and came out of the game, his shot has been a little off.
        2. Hardnett actually chooses his shots wisely, I think. Yo was gimpy, and Jashire took what the D gave him.
        3. I've got nothing.
        4. It's just a mental thing for both teams.
        He can rarely do anything with what the D gives him. Eli or Yo should have the ball in clutch time. See what happened at the end of OT.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• btw, what the hell is up with the patent pending luke worthington method of defense, in which he runs with the on ball guy with his arms up to prove he's not committing a foul but otherwise plays no actual defense? not only does he do it when defending the fast break, but he did it a bunch in the half court. i'm still not sure why dastrup doesn't get more minutes.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Strange thing for a non-fan to do.
            Strange thing for a non fan to get into his car at 10 at night and turn on the radio? As I said, this was 7 total basketball minutes on a 25 min commute from the office. I’m not a hater, GM. Remember that. I did not revel in their struggles, and I’m still happy to see them win.

What is it with fans (myself included)? I know it was an embarrassing showing but they won.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Meh. Nobody cares what you think.
            I shall quote the great attorney wannabe “Oh, brother”. - graybush engineer.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              He can rarely do anything with what the D gives him. Eli or Yo should have the ball in clutch time. See what happened at the end of OT.
              Tough to argue against that. Eli showed up in OT.

Comment

Strange thing for a non fan to get into his car at 10 at night and turn on the radio? As I said, this was 7 total basketball minutes on a 25 min commute from the office. I’m not a hater, GM. Remember that. I did not revel in their struggles, and I’m still happy to see them win.

What is it with fans (myself included)? I know it was an embarrassing showing but they won.

Maybe you couldn’t find the Longhorn game on your dial. Time for a Sirius-XM subscription?

Jim MF’n McMahon was used for five football seasons and given the boot in unceremonious fashion, and that badass still reps the Y in public all the time. Art thou greater than he?

Comment

Maybe you couldn’t find the Longhorn game on your dial. Time for a Sirius-XM subscription?

Jim MF’n McMahon was used for five football seasons and given the boot in unceremonious fashion, and that badass still reps the Y in public all the time. Art thou greater than he?
                  You’re better than that, GM. Nerd peer pressure.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Sorry dude, every ounce of dignity and respect you had vaporized when you made that trip to DI to drop off your soul.

Comment

You’re better than that, GM. Nerd peer pressure.
                      In light of your self-loathing and string-pulling pussyitis, what is your purpose here, you self-identified Ute loving troglodyte? You have abandoned all loyalty and usefulness in the name of expediency and bandwagon status, but still come annoy those whom you have dismissed as irrelevant? A pox upon you and your house.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        In light of your self-loathing and string-pulling pussyitis, what is your purpose here, you self-identified Ute loving troglodyte? You have abandoned all loyalty and usefulness in the name of expediency and bandwagon status, but still come annoy those whom you have dismissed as irrelevant? A pox upon you and your house.
                        #topperhumor

Comment

#topperhumor
                          GM has a sense humor? Who knew.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            Good Lord, ewe dont read two good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Sorry dude, every ounce of dignity and respect you had vaporized when you made that trip to DI to drop off your soul.
                              What if I’d sold the merchandise instead? Any redemption in that mess of pottage?

Comment

• Please can we hold the core of the team together for next year? If we can pull that off, plus add Emery and the RMs coming back I think we can be really good.

It might surprise a few to know that of the entire team this year, only Bryant, Childs, Haws and Dastrup are playing now and were on the team last year. Similar turnover to this has more or less been the case each of the last four or five years in a row. Enough is enough. For this reason I see this off-season as maybe the most important one Rose has ever had. And that's without even needing to add any pieces. Just hold them together.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X