No announcement yet.

Christmas 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremendous for H to realize not only that her parents had given her stuff all those years, but did it without any hope of recognition or thanks, since Santa gets the thanks. For year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      Tremendous for H to realize not only that her parents had given her stuff all those years, but did it without any hope of recognition or thanks, since Santa gets the thanks. For year after year.
      Yeah, her belated thank you made me understand just how much analysis she'd done in the 48 hours since her Christmas world was flipped upside down.
      Last edited by Donuthole; 12-26-2017, 11:33 AM.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

My brother’s family gave me this hand drawing done by my nephew. One of my favorite presents ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Yeah, her belated thank you made me understand just how much analysis she'd done in the 48 hours since her Christmas world was flipped upside down.
          I am amazed how kind, grateful and considerate children such as she can be. You are blessed.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            My oldest told us that all she wanted for Christmas was a new phone. She got an iphone 6 with 16GB two years ago, and the battery is fried and she has no memory left.

We got her an iPhone 8 Plus, with 256GB (she's pretty techy and likes to make videos for class projects, etc.). She got a case and screen protector and some other minor gifts, but that was it.

Near the end, when her 2 year old sister had several cheap toys under the tree, and no one had any other presents, I could tell she was a little sad. I pulled her aside and asked if she was alright. She said, "Dad, I wasn't even excited to wake up this morning. I wanted to sleep more than I wanted to get up. I love the phone, but this year, Christmas changed. I'm a little bummed, but I know I shouldn't be. I got exactly what I asked for." I gave her a big hug and told her I understood.

Why do they have to grow up??!!
            Your oldest has a better phone than I. If I allowed you to adopt me, would I get an iPhone 8 for Xmas next year, or better yet an iPhone X?
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
              Your oldest has a better phone than I. If I allowed you to adopt me, would I get an iPhone 8 for Xmas next year, or better yet an iPhone X?
              I think this is the last iPhone I’m going to buy, so you’re out of luck.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Cool story.

BTW, I wasn’t referring to parental idiocy in assembling and poorly hiding gifts. I was referring to the kind of idiocy where you get drunk and jump of the balcony. When that goes OK you figure it is a good idea to go up to the next floor and jump off that balcony.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  Cool story.

BTW, I wasn’t referring to parental idiocy in assembling and poorly hiding gifts. I was referring to the kind of idiocy where you get drunk and jump of the balcony. When that goes OK you figure it is a good idea to go up to the next floor and jump off that balcony.

Haha. Sorry, I missed the context.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    My brother’s family gave me this hand drawing done by my nephew. One of my favorite presents ever.
                    Wow. That is great.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                    X