The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    DNF it is time for Ovechkin to win the cup.
    We rarely agree, but I think we can come together on this one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

DNF it is time for Ovechkin to win the cup.
      what about us long-suffering VGK fans?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Kornheiser has given the Caps so much grief over the past several years that I have become a semi-Caps fan (at least during the playoffs). Great to see them in the finals.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Ddxp_OLUwAAythI.jpg

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            They will have to suffer longer.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I'm come to believe the one and only reason that the Lightning have been unable to put together a Stanley Cup victory with their stacked roster is that there actually is a God and He is punishing Steve Yzerman for being a Red Wing.

Lightning fans, until such time as Steve Yzerman rejects all things Red Wing and the third world country that is known as Detroit, Michigan, you will forever be cursed.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Tom Wilson last night was awesome. I also love that everyone hates him.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Tom Wilson last night was awesome. I also love that everyone hates him.
                  Tom Wilson is bad for hockey. He is a Raffi Torres in the making. People hate him because he head hunts. He shouldn't even be playing right now. He has had 3 hits in this playoffs alone that should have resulted in discipline. He deserves a good 10-25 game suspension at this point, otherwise, he is going to keep escalating.
                  Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 05-24-2018, 09:59 AM.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Tom Wilson last night was awesome. I also love that everyone hates him.
                    That poor TB guy wanted no part of him, but came out of the box resigned to the fact that Wilson was going to kick his ass.

Comment

Tom Wilson is bad for hockey. He is a Raffi Torres in the making. People hate him because he head hunts. He shouldn't even be playing right now. He has had 3 hits in this playoffs alone that should have resulted in discipline. He deserves a good 10-25 game suspension at this point, otherwise, he is going to keep escalating.
                      Lol. He's not that dirty. I'd argue none of his hits deserved discipline. The Dumoulin hit wasn't dirty. He was back checking and he turned to avoid the hit from Ovie and unfortunately caught the shoulder. The Aston-Reese hit wasn't dirty either. It was shoulder to shoulder and Wilson went through him. That suspension was bullshit and only came because it's the Pens and they couldn't let it go after reviewing the previous hit in the series.

He plays on the edge. I appreciate that.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol. He's not that dirty. I'd argue none of his hits deserved discipline. The Dumoulin hit wasn't dirty. He was back checking and he turned to avoid the hit from Ovie and unfortunately caught the shoulder. The Aston-Reese hit wasn't dirty either. It was shoulder to shoulder and Wilson went through him. That suspension was bullshit and only came because it's the Pens and they couldn't let it go after reviewing the previous hit in the series.

He plays on the edge. I appreciate that.
                        This sounds exactly what teams with Raffi Torres on the team said. Wilson's justifications often sound a lot like Torres as well.

He doesn't play on the edge, he plays over the edge. The Aston-Reese hit was textbook headhunting. He left his skates and launched into the player. That right there should be an immediate suspension. He also left his skates and launched into Alex Wennberg. It isn't on the edge, it is multiple steps over the edge. I don't care that the head wasn't the principal point of contact, if you leave your skates and launch into someone, it isn't a dirty play and you should be suspended. I will give you the Dumoulin hit is on the edge, but since he is a repeat offender he gets no benefit of the doubt and should have been suspended.

He is dirty, his rap sheet proves it. It is just a matter of time before he starts going full-Torres

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.25c50ac8397e

For the record, I absolutely hated the Blackhawks having Daniel Carcillo on the team, but we had to because the league wasn't protecting our players. The Blackhawks may have won the cup in 2012 if not for Raffi Torres knocking out Hossa. We were 1-1 in that series and Hossa is knocked out early in the first period. The series changed with that injury. The Coyotes lost nothing, we lost the heart and soul of our team and the best 2-way forward in the game.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

They will have to suffer longer.
                          VGK fans are not very patient, we'll see if it is necessary or not.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

This sounds exactly what teams with Raffi Torres on the team said. Wilson's justifications often sound a lot like Torres as well.

He doesn't play on the edge, he plays over the edge. The Aston-Reese hit was textbook headhunting. He left his skates and launched into the player. That right there should be an immediate suspension. He also left his skates and launched into Alex Wennberg. It isn't on the edge, it is multiple steps over the edge. I don't care that the head wasn't the principal point of contact, if you leave your skates and launch into someone, it isn't a dirty play and you should be suspended. I will give you the Dumoulin hit is on the edge, but since he is a repeat offender he gets no benefit of the doubt and should have been suspended.

He is dirty, his rap sheet proves it. It is just a matter of time before he starts going full-Torres

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.25c50ac8397e

For the record, I absolutely hated the Blackhawks having Daniel Carcillo on the team, but we had to because the league wasn't protecting our players. The Blackhawks may have won the cup in 2012 if not for Raffi Torres knocking out Hossa. We were 1-1 in that series and Hossa is knocked out early in the first period. The series changed with that injury. The Coyotes lost nothing, we lost the heart and soul of our team and the best 2-way forward in the game.
                            Then you should become a VGK fan as they play pure, clean and good hockey, with no villains on the squad.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              Then you should become a VGK fan as they play pure, clean and good hockey, with no villains on the squad.
                              I'm almost there with seeing Trotz's justifications for Wilson's dirty play. The knee-on-knee one is particularly aggravating because that was pure 100% attempt to injure.

Of course, then I remember that the true villain is falafel. You find a way to remove him from your fanbase and I will join the bandwagon for this season.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I'm almost there with seeing Trotz's justifications for Wilson's dirty play. The knee-on-knee one is particularly aggravating because that was pure 100% attempt to injure.

Of course, then I remember that the true villain is falafel. You find a way to remove him from your fanbase and I will join the bandwagon for this season.
                                Falafel is a lovable sandwich filling; you're being too harsh. It sounds like an interesting series, one long-suffering fanbase and another fanbase full of neophytes that are enjoying the ride.

Ovi is popular but Wilson is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X