No announcement yet.

2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some utes were telling me it was going to be multiple years of probation for the program with scholarship cuts, postseason bans, and who knows what else. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Taysomsbitch isn't taken.

Comment

Alright BYU, it's time to release the whole schedule please.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Alright BYU, it's time to release the whole schedule please.
          https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/2018-2019

Emery gets to play against USU and Utah

Comment

https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/2018-2019

Emery gets to play against USU and Utah
            I'm happy for him and the team, but honestly, do you think he'll ever be what he was? Something like this seems to take a toll on players' performance.
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              I'm happy for him and the team, but honestly, do you think he'll ever be what he was? Something like this seems to take a toll on players' performance.
              Let's face it, Emery was never really that great. So in this case, I have every expectation that he'll be exactly what he was.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Let's face it, Emery was never really that great. So in this case, I have every expectation that he'll be exactly what he was.
                He was all-conference as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  His personal issues already took a toll during his sophomore year. His mental state could very well be much better this year which could/should translate into his play on the court. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Jesse Wade from Gonzaga announced he is transferring to BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      Jesse Wade from Gonzaga announced he is transferring to BYU.
                      Kid rode the pine at the Kennel, and was likely to get even less PT in the future. Odds are he will be a contributor, if not starter in Provo. Good indicator of how far apart the two programs are.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        Kid rode the pine at the Kennel, and was likely to get even less PT in the future. Odds are he will be a contributor, if not starter in Provo. Good indicator of how far apart the two programs are.
                        Know who else rode the pine as a freshman?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../rui-hachimura

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          It will probably be quite a while before he's a starter for BYU, or probably even a contributor depending on how you define that. Depth isn't a bad thing anyway.

Comment

It will probably be quite a while before he's a starter for BYU, or probably even a contributor depending on how you define that. Depth isn't a bad thing anyway.
                            Yip. At least a year.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

there is no reason Wade can't come in and compete for a starting job as soon as he is eligible to play.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

ESPN releases their pre-season BPI rankings. BYU is #32. Almost a 50 spot improvement over where they finished last year: 80. Their computer at least sees something good. It will be interesting to compare where BYU lands on other similar systems like Pomeroy and Sagarin which are typically not that much different.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tball-bpi-2018

Opponents:
                                2. Gonzaga
                                11. Nevada
                                17. Mississippi State
                                48. Houston
                                51. San Diego State
                                54. St. Mary's
                                71. Utah State

the Utes did not crack the top 100. Boohoo.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 07-31-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X