Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Nebraska should go after Mike Leach ahead of Scott Frost. Frost is undefeated this year, but he's only been a head coach for two years. Leach has shown that he can win anywhere.
    I would be ecstatic with either hire. I just think Frost is more realistic and could be a long term coach if he works out.

Comment

• Would Leach be able to manage Husker fans' lofty expectations without pissing off boosters and admins? I highly doubt it.

Leach has thrived in Lubbock and Pullman in large part because the fanbase was just so damn happy not to suck--and even be legitimately good occassionally. He says what he thinks and has little to no filter. If we learned anything from Pelini, it's that the Nebraska coach probably needs a filter, and probably needs to win more than 8-9 games per year (Leach averaged 8.4 wins/year at TT; and is averaging 6.33 wins/year at WSU).

I think Frost would be a good hire, but as we all know, hiring a legend is risky business.
      Last edited by Green Monstah; 11-14-2017, 04:01 PM.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        Would Leach be able to manage Husker fans' lofty expectations without pissing off boosters and admins? I highly doubt it.

Leach has thrived in Lubbock and Pullman in large part because the fanbase was just so damn happy not to suck--and even be legitimately good occassionally. He says what he thinks and has little to no filter. If we learned anything from Pelini, it's that the Nebraska coach probably needs a filter, and probably needs to win more than 8-9 games per year (Leach averaged 8.4 wins/year at TT; and is averaging 6.33 wins/year at WSU).

I think Frost would be a good hire, but as we all know, hiring a legend is risky business.
        Nebraska fans have lowered their expectations in the post-Osborne era. They too would be happy not to suck and be legitimately good on occasion. Basically, they just want to be as good as Wisconsin, win a conference title once or twice a decade, and become relevant once again. I think Husker fans would embrace Mike Leach and even support him the next time he puts Craig James's son in a shed during practice. I don't see much Bo Pelini in Mike Leach; I think Leach would hit it off with the Nebraska media. The only reservation I have about Leach is whether his style of offense will work at Nebraska.

I also think Leach has a better chance at landing the Nebraska job - his old boss is Nebraska's new AD. But it will be Frost's job if he wants it.
        Last edited by Paperback Writer; 11-14-2017, 09:01 PM.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Does Mike Riley survive the next 24 hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            Does Mike Riley survive the next 24 hours?
            If he is allowed to leave campus today with his job I will be disappointed.

Comment

• Yeah time to put Mike Riley out of his misery. I feel bad for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                Does Mike Riley survive the next 24 hours?
                Only if AD Bill Moos waits until next Monday to inform Mike Riley he is out of a job. I'm guessing Moos can get Mike Leach to follow him to Lincoln if Nebraska wants to go that route. But only if Scott Frost does not want the job. I also feel bad for Mike Riley, I really wanted Nebraska to be successful under him. But Nebraska is playing worse under Riley than under Frank Solich, Bill Callahan, and Bo Pelini. I didn't think that was possible.
                Last edited by Paperback Writer; 11-24-2017, 06:58 PM.
                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  Only if AD Bill Moos waits until next Monday to inform Mike Riley he is out of a job. I'm guessing Moos can get Mike Leach to follow him to Lincoln if Nebraska wants to go that route. But only if Scott Frost does not want the job. I also feel bad for Mike Riley, I really wanted Nebraska to be successful under him. But Nebraska is playing worse under Riley than under Frank Solich, Bill Callahan, and Bo Pelini. I didn't think that was possible.
                  leach would be nuts to leave pullman
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• It's official. Riley fired.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      It's official. Riley fired.
                      Back to Oregon State for a third round?

Comment

• Frost to meet with Florida. Rumors of Brett Bilema on Nebraska's list.

I am afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          Frost to meet with Florida. Rumors of Brett Bilema on Nebraska's list.

I am afraid.
                          Cheer up. I hear there is a former college Heisman Trophy winner who spent 14 years in the NFL that might be available soon and willing to come to Nebraska's aid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            That was my thought. OSU just found their coach for the next few years.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              Looks like Mike might need to keep looking.

http://www.kgw.com/sports/ncaa/beave...oach/494517009

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised to see them try for KWhitt or Ken Niumatalolo. Niumatalolo's style would especially appeal to the old school Husker fans who like smash mouth football.
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X