2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    I watch every game I can, and haven't missed many in the past ten years. I know what they finished last season, the year before that and the year before that etc. going back to Mountain West days and beyond. I am on record as stating a third place finish again this season sounds about right. I think their ceiling is a first round (play in) game in the tournament. The lack of production at the five will hurt them this season. There is also the potential they could revert to their old ways defensively, but I am inclined to believe that will not happen, not due exclusively to the addition of Schroyer and presence of Cummard, but due to a culture change which seems to be happening.

Beating St. Mary's and Gonzaga is a tough hill to climb, but hopefully they can surprise. I officiate and coach high school basketball. I watch a lot of basketball and have immediate family who played or are playing D1 sports.
    For some reason the need to add your (and your family's) bonafides to a rather innocuous post, made me chuckle.

Comment

• You coach high school basketball? Do you also teach drivers ed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        You coach high school basketball? Do you also teach drivers ed?

I'm an artist—I draw, paint, do printmaking, write and tell stories, dabble in photography and video, focus on new/multi-media. I also really enjoy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          For some reason the need to add your (and your family's) bonafides to a rather innocuous post, made me chuckle.
          It is what it is Art.

Comment

I'm an artist—I draw, paint, do printmaking, write and tell stories, dabble in photography and video, focus on new/multi-media. I also really enjoy sports.
            You seem to be avoiding the question.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

You seem to be avoiding the question.

Je parle français et je sais bien conduire une voiture. J'avais enseigné à mes enfants à conduire, mais je n'enseigne pas aux etudiant d'école. Laisse moi te demander une question: Regardez-vous des sports ... ou simplement faire semblant de regarder?

Comment

Je parle français et je sais bien conduire une voiture. J'avais enseigné à mes enfants à conduire, mais je n'enseigne pas aux etudiant d'école. Laisse moi te demander une question: Regardez-vous des sports ... ou simplement faire semblant de regarder?
                That is a dodge. What does you teaching your children to drive have to do with anything? Nous regardons tous les sports mais comment cela est-il pertinent?
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I'm just mad tooblue doesn't post in the sports officials thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    That is a dodge. What does you teaching your children to drive have to do with anything? Nous regardons tous les sports mais comment cela est-il pertinent?
                    Listen Archaea, drivers ed is not taught in school here, it's done through private driving schools, and youth can't get their full license until they are 18. And no, "we" all don't watch sports. The accountant from Texas, who's stage name is Moliere is on record as openly admitting he doesn't actually watch BYU games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      I'm just mad tooblue doesn't post in the sports officials thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        I thought that was for football or futbol only.

Comment

Tutois and vousvois in the same paragraph? You speak French like a bleu.

Comment

I understand the faux pas but not the insult. Speaking like a bleu?
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• 2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              I understand the faux pas but not the insult. Speaking like a bleu?
                              We called new missionaries “les bleus”

Comment

My response to your repartee was informal and playful, hence the use of tutois. My question was deliberately formal in tone, and not exclusively directed to you individually, but "you" as representative of a community, of which I am an outlier, hence the vousvois (see my response to Topper). It's all about understanding nuance in written language.
                                Last edited by tooblue; 11-10-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X