Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Man, Texas has the best Tex-Mex. Lucky.
    Funny thing is that it’s been so long since I’ve had cafe rio that I actually enjoyed it. Now I’m having kalua pork for second lunch.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Recommendations for lunch near LGB or Los Alamitos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Recommendations for lunch near LGB or Los Alamitos?
        What are you in the mood for? If you're ok with greasy spoon, Paul's Place right off Los Alamitos Blvd has a lot of good options. If you can drive a little bit, take Los Al Blvd up to PCH, turn left, and drive PCH over to HB until you're at the pier at pick yourself up some Sancho's Tacos. Have yourself an OG or two and a Federale and thank me later.

Comment

• HB knows all the good spots.

Comment

• That Sanchos Tacos looks good. I'll have to try it out if things work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
              What are you in the mood for? If you're ok with greasy spoon, Paul's Place right off Los Alamitos Blvd has a lot of good options. If you can drive a little bit, take Los Al Blvd up to PCH, turn left, and drive PCH over to HB until you're at the pier at pick yourself up some Sancho's Tacos. Have yourself an OG or two and a Federale and thank me later.
              I had lunch at Paul's Place on Saturday.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Recommendations for lunch near LGB or Los Alamitos?
                Near Los Al base if you're close to there:

Wahoo Fish Taco
                Ameci Pizza & Pasta (check the lunch specials - I like the chicken parm sandwich or the calzone)
                Fitbites - it's on Katella; they have a military discount; I had a bowl with quinoa, spinach, chicken, etc.; it's a healthier option
                India Grill - by Costco; they have an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet

Also, Chik-fil-a on Los Alamitos Blvd. sometimes gives a 50% military discount, but I don't know the particulars of when that is or isn't offered

Edit: California Fish Grill is also close - just past Katella on Valley View - and is a healthier but still tasty option. Also a military discount.

Comment

• I'll just say that these guys are a mess! They really weren't prepared for me to come down and check out this helicopter, so I'm behind the 8 ball to even make my flight back tonight. We just ate lunch at some place called Pot Lickers.

Comment

• Full House from Angela's Sandwich Shop. Pastrami, swiss, slaw, fries, Russian dressing and (hold the tomato) on a baguette. It was as delicious as it sounds. I just discovered this place on 6th ave between 58th and 59th. If you're ever near central park south and need a reasonably priced, delicious sandwich give it a try. Everything on the menu looks delicious. But the reviews are right, the sandwich took forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Full House from Angela's Sandwich Shop. Pastrami, swiss, slaw, fries, Russian dressing and (hold the tomato) on a baguette. It was as delicious as it sounds. I just discovered this place on 6th ave between 58th and 59th. If you're ever near central park south and need a reasonably priced, delicious sandwich give it a try. Everything on the menu looks delicious. But the reviews are right, the sandwich took forever.
                      Noted.

Comment

• Beyond Taco from Del Taco

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Beyond Taco from Del Taco
                          How was it? Did you notice there's no meat? Worth a try?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            How was it? Did you notice there's no meat? Worth a try?
                            Not bad for what it is. I'm not an expert in Del Taco, but it tasted like and had a texture pretty close to fast food taco meat. Definitely worth a try if you're curious like I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Near Los Al base if you're close to there:

Wahoo Fish Taco
                              Ameci Pizza & Pasta (check the lunch specials - I like the chicken parm sandwich or the calzone)
                              Fitbites - it's on Katella; they have a military discount; I had a bowl with quinoa, spinach, chicken, etc.; it's a healthier option
                              India Grill - by Costco; they have an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet

Also, Chik-fil-a on Los Alamitos Blvd. sometimes gives a 50% military discount, but I don't know the particulars of when that is or isn't offered

Edit: California Fish Grill is also close - just past Katella on Valley View - and is a healthier but still tasty option. Also a military discount.
                              No idea how my schedule will be around lunchtime yet, but if you or anyone else is free for lunch, I'd be game.

Comment

No idea how my schedule will be around lunchtime yet, but if you or anyone else is free for lunch, I'd be game.
                                I just spent the last three days down there, but I am not there today. If you like fish/seafood, I recommend trying California Fish Grill. I get the grain bowl, but everything looks good there.

Comment

Working...
                                X