No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo - you have two mutual friends with Brother Honaker. That only puts me three Bacon's away from Rio. Who knew?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Hey, maybe that rumor I heard when I was a teenager is true: Valerie Bertinelli is a Mormon! (Watch until the end)

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Coach: "If we have to cancel the game, we're not going to the playoffs."

Bundy: "You're not going to cancel the game."

Coach: "They're going to cancel the game!"

And they did.

Bundy posted another video of an exchange with a very unhappy woman:

Woman: "Why don't you just stay home?"

Bundy: "I'm not going to stay home. My boy plays on the team. Don't I have a right to go watch? "

Woman: "We all did!"
        The correct answer is "No, you don't have a right to be on school property to watch your kid watch football." Isn't this the guy who became infamous for purportedly defending his property rights?

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          same guy that yelled at a judge and got hit with contempt

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...d287d774e.html
          How did the prosecutors agree to a plea that gave the mother probation and the boyfriend less than 5 years for murdering a child? Horrible story. Reminded me of this heartbreaking documentary from Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/80220207

Prosecutor must have had some serious evidence problems or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Hey, maybe that rumor I heard when I was a teenager is true: Valerie Bertinelli is a Mormon! (Watch until the end)

ah, that was cute.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...lasma-cash.amp
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I feel like I know a couple of kids at BYU-I that might be doing this...
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Disgusting story out of Oregon about an LDS doc doing his best Larry Nassar impersonation:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...ted-exams.html

Comment

• Who is, "He is he new interim host of Jeopardy?"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/media...rnd/index.html
                    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                      Who is, "He is he new interim host of Jeopardy?"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/media...rnd/index.html
                      Fixed for you
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• McKenna Denson drops case against the church over alleged MTC abuse.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/12...rHRP1gbfMuLvDQ

Such a bizarre episode.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          McKenna Denson drops case against the church over alleged MTC abuse.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/12...rHRP1gbfMuLvDQ

Such a bizarre episode.
                          Agreed. When her attorneys dropped out it was all over. No way would the plaintiff's bar fail to pursue the deep pockets if they still thought there was any chance.

Comment

• the important claims were time-barred and previously dismissed.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Ken Jennings taking a beating on Twitter for his affiliation with and defense of Bean Dad. (Bean Dad: Twitter story about a guy who made his hungry 9yo wait 6 hours to eat in the spirit of self sufficiency. He was supposedly forcing her to figure out how to use a manual can opener to open a can of beans. The story was likely embellished for entertainment purposes, but nevertheless was not well-received in the Twitterverse).

Many predicting Ken’s defense of Bean Dad will cost him his shot at Jeopardy host and are calling for Lavar Burton instead. TBD if Twitter life is real life in this instance.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Ken Jennings taking a beating on Twitter for his affiliation with and defense of Bean Dad. (Bean Dad: Twitter story about a guy who made his hungry 9yo wait 6 hours to eat in the spirit of self sufficiency. He was supposedly forcing her to figure out how to use a manual can opener to open a can of beans. The story was likely embellished for entertainment purposes, but nevertheless was not well-received in the Twitterverse).

Many predicting Ken’s defense of Bean Dad will cost him his shot at Jeopardy host and are calling for Lavar Burton instead. TBD if Twitter life is real life in this instance.
                                I thought you were going to say Bean Dad made his kid wait 6 hours because it was Fast Sunday. Would likely result in the same response from Twitter, actually.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X