No announcement yet.

Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This place looks really good. Anyone tried it?

http://www.alamexo.com/
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      This place looks really good. Anyone tried it?

yes, it is a nice meal. not much different than most contemporary mex places you will find, but it is still a good option when you are eating downtown.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

yeah. fresh guac isn't bad.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Yep we have been there. Good but nothing special and a little overpriced.

Comment

• One of the Caputo founder's sons live in our neighborhood. Their Christmas gifts are really good.

We go to Dodo because it is close and we won't be negatively surprised by what we order. My wife always gets the smoked turkey sandwich. I always get the margherita pasta. That may be why they have been able to last in SLC for so long (3 or 4 different locations over several years). Also, they have been at their current location much longer than the 2 previous restaurants. Maybe having the Blue Boutique as a neighbor is driving up business.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              put it next to reg iguana, please.

Also, the Dodo is an example of a food scene? It is a nice cafe but it is like eating at Corner Bakery.

I enjoy communal and 712. Silver and Handle in Park City are good. Forage is obviously good.

There are little gems hidden here and there.
              Have you tried Black Sheep Cafe yet? It is my favorite Utah County place.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                What are some of your favorite dishes there?
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

What are some of your favorite dishes there?
                  The green chile pork Navajo taco is my favorite. I also really liked the red chile, but not as good as the green. Looking at the current menu, if I were to go back today, I would be trying the hog jowl tacos.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

too much grease going on for me

Comment

The green chile pork Navajo taco is my favorite. I also really liked the red chile, but not as good as the green. Looking at the current menu, if I were to go back today, I would be trying the hog jowl tacos.
                      Went there last Saturday night. Loved it. For an appetizer had the bruschetta on pueblo bread. Amazing. I had the green chile navajo taco and my friend had the hog jowl tacos. We traded and they were both great. I normally hate everything that reeks of Utah County, but I can't recommend this place enough.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                        Went there last Saturday night. Loved it. For an appetizer had the bruschetta on pueblo bread. Amazing. I had the green chile navajo taco and my friend had the hog jowl tacos. We traded and they were both great. I normally hate everything that reeks of Utah County, but I can't recommend this place enough.

Comment

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have used the words "hate" and "reeks". Please modify my post and substitute the words "wary" and "located in".
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Take caputo's, for example: a very nice sandwich. Eaten there many times myself and enjoy the meal. Is it an example of SLCs best? Does someone absolutely have to check out Tony Caputos when they are in town? Do they serve something that merits special attention? When people are visiting from other cities it doesnt even dawn on me that we have to go to Tony Caputos for a salami sandwich and a side of salad.

Forage, different story altogether. Forage is a great experience.

SLC has maybe a handful of Forages, a lot of Tony Caputos.

There is no scene.
                            Is that where we've gone to lunch a few times?
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              Is that where we've gone to lunch a few times?
                              yes. it is a nice sandwich, good lunch, convenient location. not sure I would cite to it as an example of SLCs finest, must-eats place, though.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• at DDD not at least taking CJF to copper onion

Comment

Working...
                                X